Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CupcakeQueen
Beginner January 2011

What time do you get up Christmas Day?

CupcakeQueen, 24 December, 2010 at 06:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

I am still a bit of a child about it and get up really early although its only me and H2B! I am up early now on Christmas Eve!

14 replies

Latest activity by charliebird7, 30 December, 2010 at 14:50
  • grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

When i was younger it used to be really early but mum had a rule that we could open our stockings on the end of the bed but we had to stay in our rooms (i shared with my sister) until her and dad got up.

Once all the others moved out and it was just me with mum and dad, and the fact i was a teenager i never used to get up until about 8ish.

But now because OH has a daughter and we go to her house christmas morning we're up by about 6.

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

I used to love when i was younger, waking up to the smell of xmas dinner cooking running to open my pressies, unfotunately now i'd happily stay in bed and hide because as soon as i get up OH will be wanting me to peel spuds or wash up the nice crockery.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I am nearly 28 and will still go to bed early tonight so i can wake up quicker lol LOVE christmas day, even lokoing forward to hosting the inlaws this year!!

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

OH and I both work Christmas day and have to be there for 7am, so will be up at 6 Smiley sad

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I used to wake up at 5am until I lived with H and he didnt like me getting up early at all.... last year I wasnt allowed to get up earlier than 8. It might not be the same this year as we are hosting and will have mucho to dooooooo...

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Whenever I wake nowadays!

When I was a kid, me and my Sister were allowed to creep into each other's room and open our stockings from each other.. This was like way before 6am! Then, being the youngest, my sister would make me go into Mum and Dads room every so often to see if we were allowed downstairs yet. I'd get a very stern no until about 7:30am when Mum would give in and let us go downstairs.

My OH is working at 7am Christmas day til 11am so whilst he's at work, I'll get up and dressed and sort all of our families pressies out into bags and make my way to my Sister's house to see her family and my Niece open her presents. Then my Mum and stepdad will come over and OH will meet me there at 11am and we'll all do the present swap.. Woo!

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Early I should imagine as always. My mum is always up before us and comes and wakes us up...even now when I'm 24 ? I think last year it was about 6.30am

Dad still sits in front of the tree and hands our presents out, even still does the old '1 for you, 3 for me' thing which he has done as far back as I can remember.

Awww, I love Xmas x

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I remember as a kid once waking up at 2am to get my parents and I found this perfectly acceptable! I could not understand the reaction I got! ?

My mum always put a present at the end of our bed for us to open and keep us amused when we woke. Now I do it to my H2B, I just love the tradition.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I get up when my son starts shouting to announce Santa has been, which is usally around 6.30.

When I was a kid, we weren't allowed downstairs until 7am, but before my mum would get up, we'd have to make her a cup of tea.

When Igot to about 14, i refused to get up, so my mum had to drag me out of bed as Christmas had lost it's magic, but now I have Casey, it's exciting again.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

When i was at home i wasnt alowed down before 8am. This year i dont know when, as its our first xmas in our first home 2gether so i think i'm gonna be too excited to stay in bed

x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My OH was soooo excited this xmas as it was our first one together.

I wasn't very well Xmas eve so slept so lightly. OH woke me up at 2, 3, 3.30, 3.45, 4.30 and 5am when I just got up and went downstairs cos he was wriggling around all excited.! He then had to go and pick him sister and nephew and bring them back before he could come back and open his pressies so the fun properly began about 6:45.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I was sooo excitd too. Our first xmas in our first house 2gether! #

I was wide awake at 4am, OH finally woke up at 6.50 and then presents were all done and dusted by 7.30....saw twiddling my thumbs until my parents came around at 1!

x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Haha we had quite a busy one. We had so many presents to open as there was 8 of us all together and the kids are totally spoiled rotten. Was about 8 when my niece gave up opening her pressies and had some breaky but they didn't all get opened until about 11am!

We had to take OHs sister back home, set up his new Xbox, pack cases to go see my family, have showers and dinner so we were quite busy really. 4pm we headed up to my dads and did nothing really - ate cake and played Mr and Mrs! haha

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

It was 9.30 bfore H finally got up and we opened our gifts then when his family turned up we didnt that too. My mum was a bit embarrased and didnt want to open hers and we waited till everyone had gone home before we opened what she gave us..... i think the whole ceremony of it all was too much for her....

H was trying to cook dinner whilst open presents so it wasnt that enjoyable for him as last year. He's also tiring of the rubbish gifts he keeps getting. Ever since we got married he keeps getting things about RAF and hes not interested in the RAF lolol..

i think we should have a Hitched Swap Shop lolol exchange the gifts we dont want lolol..

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I was awake at 3.45am and finally managed to wake everyone else up at 4.30. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics