Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2012

What time do you put on your invitations????????

fry12, 14 May, 2012 at 17:59 Posted on Planning 0 10

Ok so our ceromony is at 3pm?

I know from discussion with the wedding coord that Ian gets there at like 2.15pm, guests from 2.30pm and i get there at 2.45pm.....

do i therefore put 3pm and guests just know to get there a bit before?

Or do i put 2.30pm? Hoping that guests dont then start ariving at 2pm??

XXX

10 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 14 May, 2012 at 21:11
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I put the actual ceremony time, but on the info card that went out with invites and on our website it says 'Cermeony to begin at 2pm. Please can guests ensure they are seated slightly earlier.' I dind't want anyone arriving too early before my OH and his boys are ready to start greeting.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I put in the extra info that guests should be seated in church 15 mins before the ceremony started at 1pm. They were all still late. We got a text to the bridal car telling us to "do a few laps of the golf course" as the church was half empty. Bridezilla very nearly came out to play!! ?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I've put the ceremony time and then in brackets please arrive by .... to be seated.

There was a thread about this a week or so ago and opinion was a little bit mixed, some mentioned doing as the other hitchers here have and others implied it insulted guests intelligence to put anything other than the ceremony start time so I think it's just down to personal preference! I know I've got family who are liable to be late so wanted to emphasise the point of arriving early so if this is the case put the time you want them to arrive or put a note in brackets or in the invite info if it has some!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've put something similar to this. I wanted my guests to know that they are free to turn up a bit earlier if they wish Smiley smile

• LondonWeddingDecor
    LondonWeddingDecor ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I was married (all those years ago!) I did something similar to this ?

xx

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I was starting to panic about this yesterday as I only put the start time of the ceromony, but the invites have gone so nothing I can do about it, I always take the time on an invite as the start time. Oh well fingers crossed!

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Im also getting married at 3pm and have put 3pm on the invites.

As a guest I would know to arrive approx half an hour early so if an ib=nvite said 2.30 and the bride didnt arrive til 3pm I'd be sitting thinking she wasnt coming as I'd think she was 30mins late.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at 3pm and will probably say something like "please be seated by 2.45pm". Like others have said, if I was a guest arriving for a 2.30pm ceremony when it was actually 3pm I'd get a bit restless thinking that things were running late and wondering when the ceremony was actually going to start.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding was at 1.30. We put "The civil ceremony starts at 1.30pm, so please arrive by 1.15" on the information sheets. Our earliest guests arrived at 11.30 (and they were only coming from an hour away, wtf?!?), before OH was even changed into his suit, and the latest arrived at 1.28, as I was standing outside talking to the registrar - though they had and excuse as their train was delayed.

I am definitely in favour of being honest about when your ceremony is.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics