Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

What time does your Evening Do Start?

Alipops1986, 5 June, 2012 at 22:41 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hello All, Finally got an offer through Vistaprint, so really keen to get invitation inserts ordered. Day ones are sorted as are RSVPS. Just been sat here wondering what time our evening reception will begin, i can't remember exactly. The timings for the day are: 2pm - church wedding. 2:45 - 4:45 - photos [at church, reception and Cathedral , they're all close by!] 5pm - Wedding Breakfast [x 50 pple] Would it be a fair prediction to put 7:30pm on the evening reception invitations? 2.5hrs for dinner to be served and speeches. or should i put 7:45pm, giving us extra 15mins? Opinions please. [Otherwise, I may resort to emailing wedding co-ordinator - she'll probably think i'm a bit early!!] Alipops x

19 replies

Latest activity by xMissyLoux, 7 June, 2012 at 06:57
  • IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

We are marrying at 1pm. 7pm for evening was suggested via our photographer, seemed ages to fill to me, but they assured me it was pretty standard. I'm sure 7.30pm would be fine for yours?

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

We have exactly the same time frames as you OP and we've gone for 7:30pm arrival for evening.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 1.30 with an hour for photos, sit down at 3-3.30 our co-ordinator said leave 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours for a sit down meal (64 people) so it is not rushed so we have invited evening guests from 7pm. Our hotel venue also do not normally allow check in until 2pm so if there is a little break people can do that as most of our day guests are staying.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We are having similar to yours, and decided to go for 7.30pm evening do start time. Our venue has last orders at 11.30 and shuts at 12, so if we left it much later there wouldn't be any point our evening guests coming!

Have you thought about how you might like the rest of your evening to go? e.g. first dance, buffet, any extra speeches/toasts and so on? That might play a part in your start time.

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

Ours is starting at 8pm, but he bar doesn't shut until 1am (possibly later) as it's in NIreland. I don't think 7:30 is too early - peolpe will probably give you half an hours grace anyway.

Also - Vistaprint rules!! Got our evening invites back the other day and they look amazing! couldn't actually be happier - i do think they look better than the invites tho..... whoops!

• D
    Savvy September 2012
    delphi13 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is starting at 7.30pm and our timings are pretty much the same as yours

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

Exactly Graceyfly!

Our band is starting at 8:30pm so I felt 8 was a good bet, as everyone running on "Irish time"they'll all be a bit late lol x

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 7pm...a bit worried that's it's a bit early! Too late to change it now coz the invites have gone out! Hahaha

13:15 – Guests arrive at the hotel

14:00 – Ceremony

14:45: Reception Drinks to be served

16:30: Wedding Breakfast to be served

18:00 Speeches and Thanks

19:00: Evening Guests to arrive

21:00: Evening Buffet to be served

12:00: Evening To end and guests to depart

?

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at half 1 and have set our evening to start at half 7.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at half 1 and have set our evening to start at half 7.

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at 1pm, then photos, probably 4.30 for breakfast, then evening do start at roughly 7.30.

THat's the plan at the moment anyway!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this

• anothermrsjones
    Beginner July 2012
    anothermrsjones ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at 2, dinner at 4:30, evening at 7.

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

We've invited our evening guests to arrive from 7.30pm.

This is all dependent on my dad's speech though.... they are notorious and i'm the 'last baby'!

x

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is at 4pm, we are then having a buffet, photos etc, and our reception is starting at 8pm,

• spaceman spiff
    Beginner May 2013
    spaceman spiff ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is at 1:30, followed by a 1 hour drinks reception and photos at wedding venue, Moving to reception venue (about 1.5mile away) about 3:15pm, then arrival drinks at reception, wedding breakfast at 4:15-4:30ish, then evening guests to arrive at 7:30, which gives us 3 hours for wedding breakfast and speeches.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

My ceremony is 1pm, will sit down for the wedding breakfast at about 3:15/30 and will be all finished around 5:45, we're then having a break for our guests to check in to their rooms, for us to go and have some private photos taken and for the venue to put the dancefloor in/dj set up etc so the room is all ready for the evening reception to start at 7:15!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics