Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

soon2bmrsRB
Beginner May 2013

what time does your reception end?

soon2bmrsRB, 16 of January of 2012 at 21:29 Posted on Planning 0 24

Found out today that our reception requires us to have music off by 11pm and out by 12 is this too early?? what time does yours finish? thanks girlies.

24 replies

Latest activity by Apples84, 17 of January of 2012 at 13:40
  • ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Heyy, ours finishes at 1am.....It depends on the type of venue you have and whether its in a residential area or not. Our venue is a castle on its own grounds, so noise won't really be an issue for those living locally ?

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Our music needs to stop at twelve due to area and restrictions in place.

Hotel have said that residents can continue to drink and everyone can go into the bar attached however

Because we are having the marquee the music must stop at midnight.

Hope this helps

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Music off at 12 but the bar closes when last person goes to bed Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    chocolatepickle ·
    • Hide content

Ours is finishing at 12 but they are happy to extend an hour should we choose to on the night.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Whatever time we turn it off Smiley winking

Our recepetion is on our land. But I agree 11pm is too early.

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content

Our music is allowed to be on until finishing (1am). Our band however won't play past midnight but luckily I have a musical family with all the equipment so they are able to fill the last hour

xx

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Our music is off by 12 and non resident guests have to leave by 12.30am, but I think those who are staying over at the venue are free to use the bar til whenever.

• D
    Beginner September 2012
    Delilah26 ·
    • Hide content

11pm is a bit early... Ours finishes at 1.30am. Is there any flexibility on your end time?!

• E
    Beginner June 2012
    ExcitedBride.com ·
    • Hide content

Ours finishes at midnight, and then we can move into the hotel bar until the last person leaves.

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

I hope so lol h2b is going to find out. our venue is set in college grounds i think thats why but i really hope they will extend it otherwise we will have to look elsewhere! bummer!!!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Ours has to finish by 1 a.m.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Our bar closed at 11.30 (very strict licensing rules in colleges), but we already left at 10.30. In hindsight we left a bit too early, but we had been at weddings where it was all starting to wind down but nobody wanted to leave before the bride and groom, and this way we were able to have almost all our guests wave us off and then stay and party or leave if they wanted to. Some people then moved on to a party in someone's room after the bar shut. Nobody complained about the finish time, so I hope no-one minded too much!

On the other hand, I've been to a wedding where the music finished at midnight but people were still dancing to an ipod and drinking in the bar at 3am, which was also fab. If you want to stay a bit later, it's worth trying to negotiate, but I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker.

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

11pm and that will be fine - people (especially me) will be tired by then!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Last song is at midnight, we've hired the building til 1am to allow everyone to drink up and phone taxis.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Ours closes at 1am

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Our music has to finish at 11 and we have to leave around 11:30. I originally thought it was too early but have no decided I'll be knackered by then anyway and it will be nice to go back to the hotel and have a nice nightcap with the guests in the bar before actually making use of the penthouse suite rather than falling into it pie eyed at 3am ?

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Our music has to finish at 11 and we have to leave around 11:30. I originally thought it was too early but have now decided I'll be knackered by then anyway and it will be nice to go back to the hotel and have a nice nightcap with the guests in the bar before actually making use of the penthouse suite rather than falling into it pie eyed at 3am ?

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

We have switch the music off at 1am. 11pm quite early, what time is your ceremony? Ours is 3pm so a late finish is important as our evening guests aren't arriving until 8pm

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Havent booked time yet still in the process off finding out details but hoping for it to be around 1pm xx

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Everything has to be done by midnight. So I'm going to ask the barman to stop serving at 11, the music to stop at 11:30 and for everyone to be out by midnight.

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 1am but we can then move on to the residents bar untill whenever.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We have to be out of the village hall by midnight if my memory serves me correctly, so I think we asked our DJ to start finishing up 11.30pm ish.

• Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea on mine, guess I should ask really?! oops. Thanks for bringing it up

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics