Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2013

What to be doing with 17 months to go?

Bee26, 2 March, 2012 at 18:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi girls well I have 17 months til my big day and my mind has been completely taken over by thoughts of weddings! Planning it is all I want to do but with so many months to go I don't want to do it all too soon. We have out venue booked, have been meeting togs and will be booking one next week and have booked the DJ. Im going to have fun Trying dresses over the next couple of months but don't want to buy so early in case I change my mind and cos I'm in the process of losing weight. So what else can I do? Anyone else in the same situation? I'm almost wishing there was more work to be done so I could spend every spare minute wedding planning!

6 replies

Latest activity by DarkMoomin, 2 March, 2012 at 23:43
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not in the same situation as start to finish my wedding planning is less than 7 months but what about cars if you're having them? You say you have booked your venue but does that mean ceremony too? I would leave dress and bm dresses until nearer the time although nothing to stop you at least trying some in so you can rule out what you don't like. Erm...can't even think what else my brain is frazzled at the moment!

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

No I think we're just going to have executive cabs, we're really not that fussed about having fancy cars. Would be nice if we had the money. Ceremony an reception is at the same place, we can't book the registrar until its exactly a year to go. I really don't think there is anything! Will just have to spend my time stalking hitched an getting ideas for stuff like favors etc.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like your onto it with the big things so you're on track. Keep on hitched and keep looking out for ideas on other things so that when the time comes you're clued up. If you're doing save the dates, they are usually sent out 1 year ahead so you could start thinking about those..

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Were about the same as you...

Have you thought about cake or florist? Everyone we have spoken to is taking bookings!

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

My mum is a cake decorator so that's all sorted and I'll be using the florist who did my mums wedding and nans funeral last year - she also got married at my venue. So we've already met so no need to hunt for florists!

• sovilla
    Beginner July 2013
    sovilla ·
    • Hide content

I feel the same, I have booked church, reception, flowers, have my dress. Got quotes for cars, photography, flowers, and nannies. There isnt anything else I can do.

I want to buy bridesmaid dresses but dont know what size they are going to be next year, same for my flower girls, 2 of them are tiny so cant just go out and buy their age dress as it probably wouldnt fit.

I have picked what shoes I want, but im hoping to lose weight a I tend to lose a shoe size so dont want to get the wrong size. Everything else is pretty much decided on or already sorted so im stuck. Smiley smile

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Not sure I can help - at 17 months to go, we bought a wreck of a house and gutted it.... still renovating now!!

However, with about 19 months to go I had venue, dress, photographer, caterer, menus, designed and commissioned bridesmaid outfits and had a plan of the day - at about 16/15 months had booked cake and florist too...

To be honest just keep plugging away at things, you can design stationary and invites without having to actually order them yet, for example. Suppliers didn't seem to have a problem with me enquiring that far in advance (the early deposits must be good for their figures!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics