Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Dedicated June 2016

What to buy a 15 year old Groomsman

RachD90, 9 of March of 2016 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi just looking for ideas as am a bit stumped. My brother who has just turned 15 is groomsman at my wedding. Now for the gifts we already have ties and pocket hankerchiefs and also superhero cufflinks for everyone. However for the other groomsman who are all over 18 we are buying engraved hipflask and a little bottle of their favourite drink to go with it. Now this obviously isn't appropriate for my brother.

Am not exactly sure what he likes as its my half brother (same father) and they live in Ireland. I know he loves Everton and Xbox but he already has tons of stuff. I don't feel right just giving him a gaming voucher.

I don't think a pen knife is appropriate either, I don't know how my stepmother would take it so would rather not go down that route.

Any suggestions welcome thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by RachD90, 10 of March of 2016 at 23:22
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest a gaming voucher. Something he can buy games with or save towards upgrading whatever box he has. Is there noone you can ask about what else he's in to? Cinema pass. Day out paintballing, gokarting etc, personalised skateboard. (bad examples but you get my drift). Maybe something to cover him taking a friend with him. If he was a bit older I would have said an IOU for a couple of driving lessons.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

You could give him an amount and ask him to make a wish list. You know you're buying something he wants and he gets a surprise as to what he receives still.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

I dont see why a hip flask is inappropriate, if he doesnt drink yet he will in a year or two... I got a cocktail shaker gift set at 15 (a year before I even started drinking) and no one thought it wierd

to me a gaming voucher is a perfectly fine gift but unlike a hipflask its not really a keepsake, the game will go out of style/get finished quick and then probably be traded for 1/30th its price at CEX or somewhere

I would also avoid knives, he maybe a very grown up 15 year old but I wouldnt take the chance as he would only have to get caught with it in public to possibly get a criminal record. Other keepsake items include pocket watches and cigarette boxes (although if he doesnt smoke which he shouldnt at his age then that would be useless)

could you get him jewellry maybe, like a dog tag style or something or a leather braclet with engraved metal plate like this

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SoontobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

A leather initialled wallet?

Engraved collar stiffeners?

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

What about a watch, our sons will be 12 and 17 and I've got them a watch each. Something useful that they can keep x

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    Mrsnmac2016 ·
    • Hide content

We've just got my 2stepsons (19 + 16) and our 2 boys ( 10 + 5 ) (ushers and pageboys) engraved pocket watches, it's something they'll always have a little keepsake

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions. I forgot to put my budget was £10. I already have a few gifts that they all can have you see. I would think a hip flask is fine but me and his mother (stepmother) have a bit of a difficult relationship and am not that close to my dad either, I would feel I was rocking the boat a little bit. I don't speak to my brother much as we so far apart, plus the awkward teenage years and he talks more on the xbox with my fiance. My sister said he won't wear a watch because he has his phone but she thinks he would like a wallet.

A nice wallet engraved I think is age appropriate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics