Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsa2021
Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall

What to do...

Mrsa2021, 11 of February of 2021 at 11:37 Posted on Planning 0 10

We are due to get married in April, just a small elopement wedding in Cornwall with immediate family... after yesterdays news that they are telling us not to plan holidays home or abroad for a while, I really can't see us being able to travel to our wedding, that's if weddings can even go ahead by then!

I have emailed the hotel to ask what the options are, I know they don't know what the future holds either but I just want to check if moving the date is even an option...

Just feel so fed up, planning a wedding is supposed to be enjoyable and exciting and I feel none of those things. I know there are hundreds of us all in the same boat but I just need to vent haha. I can't talk to my friends as none of them show an interest as they aren't invited. The OH just says not to stress but that is a lot easier said than done.

Can I just ask what people would/are doing in this situation?

TIA x

10 replies

Latest activity by Mrsa2021, 16 of February of 2021 at 08:34
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We're being told not to book holidays...but Matt Hancock has already booked his summer hols in Cornwall!

Since it's such a small wedding, I'd hold off and see what happens. Travel for weddings has been allowed in the past when travel for holidays hasn't been, so you may be ok. And if not, then it should be fairly simple to reschedule for a month or two later. It's not as if you would have to rearrange a wedding for 50 or 100. And people know what the current situation is like and will be understanding - our guests had less than a week's notice of our rearranged wedding date and went above & beyond to make sure they could be with us!

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We are also due to marry in April in our home city (London) but we do have guests based around the country. I’d suggest wait to see what happens in the 22nd Feb announcement and go from there.

Our venue coordinator has told us that same. Cutting it fine as that only gives 8 weeks but we’ll do whatever it takes to have our day x
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah really? that gives me some hope if we could still travel for that reason ?.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end, I am just super impatient haha.

• Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really hope the announcement gives us some real clarity on what is going to happen so we can make a decision either way.

If they do let weddings start again, I hope they also let hair salons, nail bars and seamstresses open also.. or it will be an interesting look on the day haha

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve had the same hairstylist for years- I’ve told her she’s family if restrictions don’t lift and weddings are allowed ?. But I agree with everything else- I will definitely not be doing my makeup etc myself . Nor paying someone for photographic evidence of my work ?
    Keeping everything crossed!
  • ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

Also due to be married in April (and we're hoping it'll be third time lucky as postponed twice already) and we're holding on til Feb 22nd to make any final descisions. So hold hard for now.

• Victoria
    Beginner August 2021 Greater Manchester
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    I completely feel your pain! I am due to get married in Italy in August and it all hinges on travel restrictions being lifted, the vaccine programme going well here and in Europe and no more quarantine. I'm so frustrated as I feel as if at the beginning of the year I was really optimistic and now with only 6 months to go and being told not to book any holidays, things feel so far out of reach. I haven't been able to do a hen do, go shopping with bridesmaids (haven't seen mine in over a year now) or do the normal celebratory things in the run up to the day. We have given ourselves a deadline of the end of March to decide whether we postpone it - maybe if you do the same you will feel better knowing you have a plan B.

Hang on in there. We will be ok in the end Smiley smile xxx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got married in a mail order dress that was too long, and with no makeup. And no one noticed! So don't worry. Covid has thrown the rulebook out of the window and anything goes xxx

• H
    Beginner May 2021 Hampshire
    Hayz ·
    • Hide content
    I'm in the same boat, we're meant to be travelling to Cornwall in May for our wedding which we also postponed from last year. The venue said even if the hotel is open as we're not in Cornwall we may not even be allowed to travel and stay in Cornwall due to different tiers.
    We've asked the venue for our options so we'll see what they say- it's such a stressful situation so I totally feel for everyone going through the same Smiley sad it's meant to be a special day and one to remember.. in a good way! Hx
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Will keep everything crossed for us ? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics