Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2016

What to do, Dad's Partner and Mother's nose...

Chris's_mrs, 26 of October of 2015 at 15:55

Posted on Planning 33

Hi there This is my first post so go easy on me! My wedding is based on 2 colours (4 bridesmaids 2 in each) we've got ties in the colours too - Grooms side in one colour, my dad and Groom in the other colour. My mum and MIL are discussing tones of similar colours for their dresses not matching but...

Hi there

This is my first post so go easy on me!

My wedding is based on 2 colours (4 bridesmaids 2 in each) we've got ties in the colours too - Grooms side in one colour, my dad and Groom in the other colour.

My mum and MIL are discussing tones of similar colours for their dresses not matching but toning or failing that my mum wants to wear silver and match me more (my dress has silver embellishments) she bought a dress but doesn't think it is close enough to the bridesmaids dresses (duller colour & more metallic than she thought)

My dad's partner (of 12+ years who I get on well with!) asked me today what colour she should wear to match my dad and I said you won't be able to match my dad but I'll give you a colour that will tone with his outfit, it's my and my OH's wish that my dad matches the bridesmaids (one of which is my sister). I don't think, judging by her reaction that she's happy with this but I can't tell her the colour and I can't have her match my dad. It's going to put my mum's nose well out of joint and tbh I would prefer she wasn't overly involved in the wedding. Personality wise she's lovely but can be a bit nosy & over involved in things and this is something I want to do with my mum. She's been a mother of the bride before for her own daughter and I don't think it's fair if she was involved here.

How do I keep everyone friends but still have my mummy centre stage at this?

33 replies

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ยท
    • Hide content

Yea we decided to go after I started a guest list and realised politically how many people I would have to invite I didn't want to - again me loosing my backbone! Haha

it it is hard with family pushing and pulling and I don't think they realise the stress and effect if has on the couple. Keep ideas close to your chest and only share them once confirmed so they can't be scrutinised and give away jobs you aren't bothered about if you want people to be active in planning. enjoy it and don't regret anything ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics