Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands

What to do for Hen Do new friendship group

Katrina, 22 of April of 2024 at 16:20 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hey girls,

I have been wondering what to do for my Hen. I have a new friendship group who I met last year.

One of the girls asked me if she would be invited to the wedding if she comes to my hen. I don't really know these group of girls to well just yet to invite them. I was honest with her she respected my wishes she will not be wiling to celebrate with me.

I want to do a Hen in the summer time so weather will be better. Not sure what to do thinking to go for Afternoon Tea or a meal to eat. Something to do during the daytime.

4 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 24 of April of 2024 at 10:20
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a couple of hen dos that have had some kind of crafting activity (pottery painting, jewelry making) in the afternoon with either a lunch or afternoon tea. If your hens are more active, you could look at something more energetic - one of my cousins had a circus skills afternoon and I know someone else did archery.

Just to be aware, it's usual that anyone who is invited to the hen is also invited to the wedding, so if you are not planning on inviting your hen guests to the wedding, then you need to let them know in advance or it could be embarrassing.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your comment Smiley smile I regularly arrange outings for the girls to do sometimes I don't know the girls it's like a social group to meet new friends.

So I might just arrange a get together & not really call it my Hen but to me I know it is if that make sense? Lol 😆 so I might mention the wedding briefly.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that would be fine - you'll still get to do something fun with your friendship group, but there won't be any pressure on them to do the usual 'hen' stuff when they're not going to the weddng.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for making me aware of the fact that hens thinking they are invited to wedding. I can see that you are already married congratulations Smiley smile what did you do for your honeymoon? Do you have any tips you would like to share with me at this 10 month mark? I would really appreciate it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics