Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2021 Kent

What to do on evening of the wedding?

Madeleine April 2021 Bride To Be, 1 of February of 2021 at 22:22 Posted on Planning 1 11
Hi! I'm getting married on 16 April 2021 (fingers crossed). Nothing is for certain but I am guessing small weddings will go ahead. If it is anything like last time the wedding will end with cutting of cake and first dance. If this is the case and DJs and dancing is not allowed until late, what should you do in the evening? Any ideas?

11 replies

Latest activity by ArfieldtoMount, 3 of February of 2021 at 14:05
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Interested to hear what people say as we are due to marry 24th April in London.
    If receptions aren’t allowed we’ve said we’ll book a table and go for dinner/go to a hotel drink and practice making a baby/come home drink and practice baby making.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We got married straight after the first lockdown lifted when receptions weren't permitted, so we just started our honeymoon early!

I think in April, people will just be relieved to have something to celebrate and to be able to see each other again, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Go with whatever is permitted at the time, and if it finishes early, so be it. Everyone will just be thankful you've been able to have your day!

• D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

We are planning everything in the day to happen later than usual, so our wedding breakfast will run more like 6pm-8.30pm and take up most of the evening. Afterwards it will be drinks in the bar, cake cutting and sparklers outside. Actually perfect for us as non-party types!

• M
    Beginner April 2021 Kent
    Madeleine April 2021 Bride To Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea. Also love the sound of sparklers outside, sounds magical?
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Kent
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good luck for your wedding. Fingers crossed.

Yes that's a good idea dinner and drinks. I was thinking once back at wedding night accommodation to crack open some champs and maybe have a nice bath and some music... and practice baby making of course??
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Kent
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea. Yes very true! ❤
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We are 18th April (?) in Cornwall, if we can't have a reception we will just spend the evening having fish and chips on the beach
  • L
    Beginner July 2021 Wiltshire
    LAURA ·
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I were literally just discussing the same thing!
    But I think everyone will be happy to be there.
    I’m sure you’ll have a lovely day xx
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Kent
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love Cornwall ❤ that sounds lush ??
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Kent
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes true. Thank you?❤ have actually had a little chat with the venue about going back for a big party the following year and those guests who couldn't make it can come too xx
  • A
    Beginner June 2022 Oxfordshire
    ArfieldtoMount ·
    • Hide content

Hey Madeline

Not myself, but one of my friends are going ahead with their ceremony in March and I suggested to them the there are some chefs that are doing delivery meals - it is all cooked and hand delivered to your door.

The one she is using is @cheflouiseellis - She is based in Nottingham and has been on Master Chef. But I am sure there are some in your area!

This should save you from just getting home and sitting in front of the TV! Smiley smile xox

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics