Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Dedicated October 2022 East London

What to do to fill the time?

Ebony, 22 of August of 2022 at 18:43 Posted on Planning 0 5
We're having a slightly rushed wedding due to family illness and have managed to book our registry office a reception venue. Unfortunately, we were only able to hire the registra and venue from 11:45 till 12.35. The reception venue hire starts at 3pm. My dilemma is what do we do to fill the time? We have a few guests coming from outside London and they may not have time to have breakfast so they probably won't be eating till roughly 4pm which is a long time. I'm also conscious of drinking too much as we're also having unlimited drinks before the meal. The ceremony venue is near a park so photography will take roughly an hour but I'm still at a loss as to filling the time. I don't want guests to wonder whats happening or be starving or get drunk too early. Suggestions?
We did consider hiring a routemaster but they charge £600 and were not really near any sightseeing locations.

5 replies

Latest activity by Lisa, 28 of August of 2022 at 07:05
  • H
    Savvy October 2022 Essex
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    If your ceremony venue is near a park where you’ll be having your photography, I would make use that! Could you consider garden games in the park, like croquet or giant jenga? We’re having a late ceremony but our venue suggest games in the gardens for early ceremonies to fill the time.
    You could also ask your photographer to organise guests into lines in a pretty part of the park for confetti photos, which would take up a bit of time.
    If you’re worried about people being hungry, how about serving canapés in the park? You could hire a caterer or organise this yourself (Waitrose do ‘made to order’ canapés that you can order in advance). You could hang some bunting between trees or organise some helium balloons etc. to decorate the area.
  • L
    Savvy September 2022 Tyne & Wear
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    So sorry to read about your family illness. I’m in the same boat with my fiancés terminal cancer. Ive organised nearly everything in 3 weeks! 🤪🤪🤪. Our ceremony is early too, at 11:30. Luckily we’re having our meal in the same place and just having a Day Ceremony wedding as that’s all FH can manage.
    Sorry I didn’t answer your question. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone x
  • E
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Lisa,
    I remember reading about your fiance a while ago. I hope both you and your fiance have an amazing day. We decided to tell those that know about my mother that it's a cancer free day, we just want one day as normal as possible if that makes sense but I know I'll ugly cry at some point, especially if my mother cries and I can't even wear water proof mascara! If you need to chat to a stranger drop me a message. Big hugs xx
  • E
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya, fortunately there is a park very close by which photographers usually use. Love the idea of games etc and luckily we live glose by so the groomsmen can pop all the stuff back.
  • L
    Savvy September 2022 Tyne & Wear
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Ebony.
    Thank you for your lovey wishes. That’s a good idea about C free day. I’ll pinch that xx. I hope you have a wonderful day too. Much love xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics