Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Thierry
Curious April 2024 Kent

What to do while i wait….

Thierry, 22 of August of 2022 at 17:31 Posted on Planning 0 14
Hello! I am getting married in April 2024 and have booked venue (including food, dj, accommodation and drinks), hair and make up, photographer and videographer. I have a rough guest list and seating plan. I’m now at the stage where I feel like I want to keep planning but I know it’s too early to do most of the other things now… so is there something that would be good to get organised now while I have time??? Or is it just the waiting game??

14 replies

Latest activity by Thierry, 25 of August of 2022 at 16:48
  • Nicole
    Beginner August 2023 Gloucestershire
    Nicole ·
    • Hide content
    Did you get a dress yet? Don’t think it’s toooo early. It may take longer than you think to find “the one.” Do you have your bridal party confirmed? If you’re having a hen do/bridal shower, might be worth dropping not-so-subtle hints to your hens and loved ones about what you might want for those events xx
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    Are you doing your own invites and save the dates? Could you make a start on them?
    If you are doing your own decs and flowers you could look around for those too, lots of pinning on Pinterest and gathering ideas x
  • Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My sister is currently on a cruise working until March 2023 so I am starting dress shopping when she gets off. She is also my maid of honour haha x I feel so organised but so not ready at the same time!
  • Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Still undecided if we are doing digital or paper invites. I’m also worried about doing them this early as I might lose them haha! Thank you though for the ideas x
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

Also getting married April 2024 and we have booked our reception venue, church, flowers, photgrapher, food, accomodation for the guests and I'm going dress shopping in October. I feel the same with invites, feel it's too early to send them out and also we don't have a finalised guestlist yet. Bridesmaid dresses could be something to think about when your sister gets back, but I would just say enjoy the time you have where you don't NEED to do loads because i'm sure it will all happen so fast and before long you'll be wishing for this time again Smiley laugh xx

• Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true! One of my bridesmaids is my little sister who will be just 15 (puberty yay haha) so I’m having to hold off actually getting those until we know what her body will be like. I’m doing all the flowers myself with fake flowers but I guess I could look into my wedding bouquet! Feels strange when I know there’s so much to do still but I can’t really do any of it yet xx
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    March 2024 here and in the same boat although some of my suppliers were taking bookings up to 2025 so I guess it’s not THAT early. I’m going to start properly looking for my dress after Christmas and bridesmaid dresses after April when one of them gets back from travelling. Invitations will go out October next year I reckon to account for Christmas, although we have sent save the dates already.
  • Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh amazing! I’m planning on sending save the dates 18 months before and invites a year before, although I’ve basically already told most people anyway haha. It seemed strange booking the venue and then not being able to tell anyone xx
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Thierry,

We'll be getting married in Ashford, Kent in July 2023. I had a little lull after initial flurry of activity.

Yesterday, I was looking at table decorations and cake ideas. I've decided that wedding cakes are far too expensive so looked into LolaCupcakes It seems that they do 'proper' cakes too. The price is reasonable. Found some nice vases in Amazon and fairy lights too.

• A
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is derailing the thread a little bit but you can get some decent wedding cakes from Pattiserie Valerie around £75ish 🤗 my brother is a professional chef and has worked a pastry chef in the past so he is making mine but you are right they are so expansive!
  • Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh lovely! I was planning on just buying a small cake so we can still cut it, but it means we don’t have to spend a fortune on it Smiley smile
  • A
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our wedding is good Friday so I used it being a holiday weekend where accommodation might be a bit tricky as a good excuse to sent them out early! 😂
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to get something similar to the summer special cake in three different sizes

What to do while i wait…. 1

and then display on a pillar tier cake stand.

What to do while i wait…. 2

Other things I have been looking at include wedding hair and accessories.

• Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ours is in half term so this is my thoughts as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics