Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner

What to do with Bridesmaid sashes!

darkivy, 3 April, 2010 at 16:21 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi!

This is probably going to sound a bit thick but...my bridesmaids are wearing some lovely black maxi style dresses, and as my dress is champagne I wanted to co-ordinate them with me, so I impulse bought some lovely champagne coloured sashes. Now I have them I am not sure of the best way to use them! I want them to go round the middle of the dress somehow but preferably not just tied in a giant bow!! Any tips on how to use them nicely to make them presentable would be much appreciated, my Mum did suggest maybe using a scarf ring or something to tie them up. Would just be interested to hear from other people who have used them as can't find many pictures on the net to inspire me!

7 replies

Latest activity by GEMINIBEBE, 4 April, 2010 at 13:53
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

How about attaching poppers to them so that they clip in place and can be held in place without having them in a bow? That way they can just crossover or something?

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

How about just crossing them over each other at the front to the side of the hip and putting a brooch on them to keep them together and add interest.

I made this brooch for a dress

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest brooches like Lisa's. I've got 2 brooches in a bridesmaid dress shop and they use them for the sashes that either need tied or just for added detail. If you want to see pics let me know.

Can you flash a pic of the dress so we cna see any other detail and then can maybe help with the tying aspect? x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Not sure how long they are but a couple of ideas of how you could tie them...

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies, I will try and put a pic on. The sashes are about 4 feet long x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

4 ft???? Id think about cutting them down perhaps.

My Bm wore hers tied around the waist. Tied once and then brought over to hide the knot.....at the waist. Secured with a brooch. I dont have a pic to show you as such.... (we forgot to iron it and my mum was mortified...ho-hum)

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

These are mine, they cross over at the back there is a small hole in the sash that the other tie slots into. (my bm dresses in silver)

I am going to then secure them with a brooch from accesorize £12!!

Hope this helps!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics