Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner December 2019

What to do with guests after ceremony before reception???

ChristmasJazz1920s, 28 of September of 2017 at 16:51 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a bit of a dilemma I was hoping that you may be able to help with.

We are getting married in December (2018) and have picked a venue which we fell in love with. Its perfect for the ceremony and reception but what to do with the guests in between?

We are getting married in a 1920's Auditorium with our reception in their ballroom (which has the bar). It doesn't have any outdoor space for them and unfortunately there is no where to go for a cocktail hour separate to these spaces.

Our dilemma is do we let the guests in to the reception space before we've finished taking photos or would you suggest all guests stay in the ceremony room whilst we're doing the photos (Mostly in that same room) and then we are the first into the reception.

We aren't having a receiving line so wont need to be in first but were concious of either hanging people around for an hour or dashing in and out of the reception space (which is down two flights of stairs) looking for people to photograph.

Any help or ideas would be great

Thank you x

1 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 1 of October of 2017 at 18:06
  • E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Depending on what the ceremony room is like you could have a cocktail hour in there, however if you're not precious about them seeing the reception room then allow them in there, most recent weddings I have been to let you in the room while photos are being taken as most people I know don't have a receiving line and then the bride and groom are announced for their entrance.

Depends on what you want - you can still make a sweeping entrance with them already in the space x

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'd let them go in the reception room. It's very difficult to keep them in the ceremony room as they naturally follow you out.

You could use the ceremony room for photos if the weather is bad.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics