Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sam89
Beginner November 2012

what to include in my order of service??

sam89, 23 January, 2012 at 14:08 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi ladies

i was wondering if you could help me, what do i put in my order of service??

i am getin married in a church, im having 2hymns and 1 reading

if you could also flash your order of service that would be very helpful

thank you x

3 replies

Latest activity by sam89, 23 January, 2012 at 20:00
  • Tracy2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Tracy2012 ·
    • Hide content

If you google 'you and your church wedding' you can input hymns and readings and it makes up an order of service for you. The other option is to look for 'order of service template' and loads will come up to look at.

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content

Ours is Catholic but it's probably the same sort of layout (presuming yours is CofE!), this is the order for ours:

Entrance of Bride, Hymn, Opening Prayer, First Reading, Hymn, Second Reading, Gospel, Homily, Hymn, The Rite of Marriage, Intercessions (bidding prayers), Signing of the Register, Final Hymn, Final Blessing, Exit of Bride and Groom. We've also got a list of names of bridal party/witnesses/organist etc. on the back page.

Might be worth calling your Priest as ours gave us loads of old OOS's from people who got married in our Church last year. This also gave us an idea of readings we could use.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I was at a Catholic wedding recently and in addition to the usual info on readings etc the first page listed who the groomsmen, bridesmaids, readers, singers etc were and how they knew the couple getting married. I thought it was a really nice touch to help guests figure out who's who.

• sam89
    Beginner November 2012
    sam89 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all your help, i had no idea what had to go in them at all. i do like to idea of makin it abit personal as well tho esp if i have to make them :-) thank you xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics