Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2014

What to wear to a Ceilidh party/wedding reception?!

MrsACF, 30 of June of 2014 at 14:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Help!

Going to an evening do next month - it's a huge Ceilidh to celebrate a friends wedding. Dress code is "Relaxed with a hint of tartan". No idea what to wear!

Was thinking a dress, not too long or short with maybe a tartan clutch or some other accessory? Don't want to spend a fortune on something I'd never wear again. Need to be able to wear flats and to not get too hot.

Trouble is black would be the best colour for that - can you wear black to a summer wedding reception?! Ideally whatever I get would like to wear to another evening do later the same month (different friends) - minus the tartan!

Had less bother picking my own wedding dress.....ideas?!

2 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 1 of July of 2014 at 09:24
  • ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Black is fine for an evening do, any time of year.

It might be a bit odd for a lunchtime ceremony in July, on presumably a hot day, although perfectly doable if that's ones own choice.

I'm liking the idea of a tartan clutch. Hopefully you'd find one on eBay. If you don't have any luck, tartan shoe clips might be a nice / cheap choice for a one off wear, if you're not up for wearing tartan in a hair accessory.

• Meltdown
    Dedicated September 2021
    Meltdown ·
    • Hide content

What about a tartan sash? something like this?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Wear a shift dress, with a pair of ballet flats for dancing. Make sure you dress isn't too short, or tight or has a split in it etc? You can get tartan corsage brooches that are nice, can add that to brighten up your black dress, then it can be removed for future wear!

Is your other wedding party close to the date of this one? Only thing I'll say is that you may end up with bruised arms / carpet burns if men are wearing kilt jackets (hopefully these will be removed if it's hot!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics