Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner

What type of wedding to have

Nel2204, 6 of July of 2020 at 14:10 Posted on Planning 0

Hi all

This is my first ever wedding forum post so I apologise in advance for the incoming babbling!

My fiancé and I got engaged last year and we are both fairly chilled out people and agreed we wanted a very small ceremony. However, when we get to discussing the 'reception' we hit a bit of a block.

I envisioned a big party with all of our mutual friends, extended friends and family and good work friends etc. However, after a lot of annoying questions (on my end) I believe the root of the issue is that his frustration comes from feeling that he doesn't have that many people to invite and I absolutely don't want to dominate the numbers on the day ( I know it won't be the perfect 50/50 split but at this point it's more 90/10).

The most important thing to me for our wedding is that it's a reflection of OUR perfect day.

I would so gladly welcome any and all suggestions about perhaps a non traditional way to celebrate our wedding, it doesn't have to be a big party - I'm willing to consider everything at the moment. I know he wants to do something a bit different but we have no idea where to start looking.

I appreciate this is a fairly loaded question so appreciate all feedback!

Thanks!

Nel2204

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Its not that uncommon to be that way, sometimes it happens with family or with friends. I know you said a very small ceremony but perhaps if he is feeling that way you could have his side dominating the bridesmaids and have two best men and a few grooms men so although his side are less - they have more roles on the day.

I have shot small weddings that were at 5 pm and then after some photos with the smaller wedding the rest of the guests arrived at 7pm and everything then went straight into an evening party. That way you could have the wedding 50/50 and by the time it comes to the evening it wont feel so dominated by your side.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics