Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummytofour
Beginner June 2011

What underwear is everyone going for? (for under the dress) also stockings etc?

mummytofour, 22 April, 2011 at 08:41 Posted on Planning 0 29

Hiya,

i need to go shopping to get my underwear i really wanted an all in one that has a plunge for the boobs as mine have gone bad since having the kids all saggy etc lol,but i havent seen any! im now thinking to get a really good ivory plunge bra & some nice knickers & was going to wear some kind of hold in thing over the top? lol after 4 kids i have alot of unwanted flubba!

also is anyone wearing stockings/suspenders etc? or are you saving that for the evening ?

Im thinking to wear that in the evening once in the hotel room ? as my wedding is in june should be quite warm!

also i am a 40C & finding it hard to find a bra! but the MIL2B said i can buy the strap extender thingy for the back..

x

29 replies

Latest activity by cassmk2, 26 April, 2011 at 16:22
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I was advised not to go for an all-in-one thing because it'll be too hot underneath my dress. I ended up getting the new strapless Wonderbra (OMG it's scary, lol) and some nice frilly knickers that are quite high waisted and have a control panel bit to keep mummy tummy at bay. I've had 3 kids and have given up on my stomach now!

• channie122
    Beginner June 2011
    channie122 ·
    • Hide content

Im big chested and decided to go for a strapless bra, but like you not sure whetherto wear stocking suspenders etc. another thing to worry about grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when does it end lol x

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

My options are very simple, I Can't wear a bra as the dress is too low back and has built in corsetry. Doubt ill wear stockings and suspenders as I am hoping that it'll be too hot on the day to wear them in a big dress.

So just nice knickers for me! ?

• mummytofour
    Beginner June 2011
    mummytofour ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

was it this one? why is it scary?!! tell me more" lol!

it is another thing added to the list grrrrrrr! lol!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of going bra-less in the day and having something nice for the evening.

My MIL Wanted something, pretty much as you described and she is the same size too (or thought she was - she got meaured and ended up 38E!). Anyway, we struggled to find 40 bands in all the usual places youll look for underwear but we have a large debenhams and they were very very helpful - the fitter kept reassuring her she would be able to find something, and she did - for the wedding, and another 4 sets... oops!

But anyway - just wanted to say to try there.

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Ive got that one!

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Silk & Lace frenchies with a matching suspender belt and stockings ? Debenhams currently have a sale on some of their wedding underwear ?

• D
    Beginner August 2011
    daisydooberry ·
    • Hide content

Im having chicken fillets sown in my dress and its corset back so dont need a bra. will probably have some pretty knickers, but my htb wants me to go commando?

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping I don't need a bra and can just wear some nice comfy knickers. Its all very pretty but I dont think I can be bothered with all the suspenders etc! OH prefers me in the nud anyway, it'd just be a waste lol

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

My kniks will be my something blue- i saw them in primark last week and i didnt buy tem but now i will buy them- they ar ''cookie monster'' lol- they are sooo cool haha- and i willbuy that wonderbra my friend bought it and said it was fab and makes ya boobs look good ?

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me to!!

It looks awful on the hanger but its not to bad when its on!

I'd advise you to get someone to fit you while your there, im usually a 32D but i had to go for a 30DD just because it fit better!

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on this with the addition of chicken fillets

http://www.asos.com/Charnos/Charnos-Corselette/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1391313&cid=4198&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

I haven't had my fitting yet but have bought a backless body from Ultimo. I think stockings will show under my dress as it is quite sheer and slinky. The body isn't the most comfortable thing I have ever worn but no pain no gain right ? lol

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

It's scary on me cos I'm a 36F (had to go for a 34 in this though) and makes my boobs look huge. I did the boinging around the dressing room test though and it really didn't fall down even a bit!

• E
    Beginner October 2011
    englishrosebride ·
    • Hide content

Is the Wonderbra everyone's talking about the one with the 'hands'? If so it's really comfy - in fact I wear my almost everyday and now have most of the colours.

Don't think I'll need a bra on my big day as I have a super strong corset but I'm thinking I'll invest in some super sexy knickers from Agent P or somewhere like that!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought a very simple strapless bra and cotton 'big' knickers from M and S. I have bought hold ups too as my CBM told me i'd get smelly feet without them. But i think i will see what the weather is like as i have a 'huge' dress and won't want to over heat.

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Im a bigger boobs girl and never thought about wearing a wonderbra - I just assumed they were for smaller boob girls - will need to check it out . thanks.

I think I am going to go for big bridget jones pants so that I am comfortable - ive already warned OH lol

• K
    Beginner June 2011
    kat73 ·
    • Hide content

So glad i m not the only one not wearing stockings and suspenders ! ? I m wearing a strapless bra & some comfy knickers i m hoping the weather will b nice & warm & i dont want the hassle of trying to go to the toilet gonna be hard enough what with the big dress & hoop on let alone having to contend with stockings & suspenders as well ! Besides i m sure by the end of the night when we get back to the hotel my h2b will b just as knackered as i will be & will just want to cuddle up & go to sleep lol

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

I've been advised to go for skin coloured underwear, but, because I am small chested, the dresses I tried on today meant that I wouldn't have to wear a bra. So i'll prob go for some nice knickers, suspender belt and stockings, I'll need the warmth as we're getting married in November! x

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

Ive bought one of them stick on things as im rather small chested so dont need much support but wouldnt feel comfortable not wearing anything.

Im thinking about saving a basque/ corset just for the night

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

I'm just wearing spanx. I am concerned about the heat but I need them to smooth the lines out and hold my stomach in!

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ditto to that i went today and got measured and im also usually a 32d but she suggestes a 30DD to me aswell, and i tell you its such a good bra, dosent look so flattering but so comfy Smiley smile wold deffinatly recommend Smiley smile

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto!!! On all counts!

Can't wear bra as the dress is heavily corseted and the bust support is so sturdy it would be ridiculous to wear a bra underneath!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're lucky, you must have very few lines to smooth as I bought some and now the back plus receipt are in my bag ready to return to Debenhams. I tried them on and it didn't do anything for me! Might as well not have bothered - and I burst into tears as I thought I must be really fat and deformed, as it didn't hold in ANYTHING! And it was the recommended size for my height and weight! ☹️

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Probably just a very padded strapless bra for my little 32As and a thong so no lines show in my very tight fishtail dress!!
  • SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I wore a white lace basque which had suspenders attached (ordered from the bridal shop), cotton and lace brazilian style knickers (Marks and Spencer) and white fishnet stockings (Ann Summers). It was all very comfortable and I felt hot! H definitely approved too ?

My best friend's getting married on 14 May and she has a gorgeous ivory satin basque from Bravissimo.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I got mine on Friday and I absolutely HATED underwear shopping more than I ever thought I would.

I bought this set from Debenhams in the end as I just completely lost interest in the whole thing! I'm not having stockings or suspenders because I have open toe shoes and think would look like a Nanna to have stocking toes, plus, they are so uncomfortable!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is very similar to this! I've gone for comfort over sexy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics