Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

milna
Beginner May 2009

What underwear with dress? Advice - and flash yer knickers!

milna, 4 of March of 2009 at 10:45 Posted on Planning 0 17

I don't think I am going to be able to invest in beautiful, matching, glamourous bridal underwead 😢

My dress (Charlotte Balbier - Ulrika) is cut with a low 'V' at both the front and the back (Pic here showing front neckline - back is basically the same ... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1277693&l=c600c&id=514350951)

Now, I am rather less well endowed than that model. I could easily go braless and it wouldn't be a problem. However, I have hips. Big, curvy, childbearing hips. OK - about a size 12 ... but my top half is more like an 8-10. In light of this, I am thinking that wearing a bra may help to 'make more' of what I have on top to even things out a bit? But the only type of bra which I think may possibly work under the dress is going to be something like this ... http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/bra-solutions/level3.aspx?d=1&collection=1&style=5820&product=061014&img=se08_115. Not very sexy ☹️

Any suggestions for beautiful minimalist 'solution bras' with matching knickers? Long shot I know. My other option may be to have cups sewn in to help out somewhat 'up top'. I suppose I can look for beautiful knickers still .... but its not quite the same if its not all matching 😢

What undies are the rest of you wearing - make me jelous!

17 replies

Latest activity by kelly29, 4 of March of 2009 at 20:07
  • AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest sewing cups in. I am the same as you - not much up top - more at the bottom. I'm going braless as my dress is halter neck. Fortunately it seems to make me look a bit more well endowed than I am! And as for knickers. Well I'm going to be wearing my ancient flesh coloured sloggi thong as anything else will show!!!! So very sexy!

I was only just thinking about getting something for later on the other day, so I'll be watching this thread with interest!

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

I won't be wearing a bra as my dress is boned on top, so it be knickers all the way for me only. Not even thought yet on colours or what type. But have been looking around for ideas.

Sorry can not help any more

• nicandeuan
    Beginner March 2009
    nicandeuan ·
    • Hide content

I am not wearing a bra with my dress as it is low cut at the back and can't be bothered with those multi way things. My seamstress suggested that we sew cups into the dress but while altering it we realised that I didn't need them (btw I also have no boobs to talk of lol) I have a very boyish figure however the corset in my dress gives me a waist. As for the evening undies I have just bought nice knickers, suspenders and stockings that I can wear during the day. I have bought I nice silk nightie that matched that I can pop on once my dress is off without the hassle of trying to get myself into a bra/ basque.

HTH

Nic

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

No bra for me either. I hate strapless bras - the ones for bigger cups never seem to hold them right so I am going without. I am lucky in that my dress holds them in perfectly without need for a bra.

Will prob get some lacy white/ivory french knickers

• tory82
    Beginner
    tory82 ·
    • Hide content

I am having a bit of a problem with underwear too.

I want to wear a bra although it needs to be strapless, ivory and something that pushes by boobs together and hoiks them up a little - any ideas on one? Seriously???

They are only little so i need to do what i can to help them out!!! LOL

• F
    Beginner August 2009
    Fireflower ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you tried Ultimo bras? They're gel bras and are great for small boobs! I've tried quite a few strapless bras and most of them are awful - but I really like Ultimo. https://www.ultimodirect.com/ - you can also get them in Debenhams.

• Rach1234
    Beginner
    Rach1234 ·
    • Hide content

Spanx, they're marvellous

• tory82
    Beginner
    tory82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't but i will now! Thanks ?

• milna
    Beginner May 2009
    milna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? The image is getting less sexy by the minute.

Not sure i do need spanx though - I would liek some boostage of my upper body curves to even things out, but not sure that restriction of the lower curves is really an option - they're not particulalrly wobbly as such ... I just seem to have a broader frame hips wise!

• Stupidgirl45
    Beginner July 2009
    Stupidgirl45 ·
    • Hide content

No need for bra in my dress and - as I have previously posted much to lots of amusement - I may well go commando on the day as my dress is v. slinky + don't want any lines. I could have spanx or something but I don't think I can pull my dress up enough to get them down!!!!!!

Anyway that's no help at all to you LOL

I think either get cups sewn in - or go for a special bra.

But whats wrong with just wearing knickers?

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

• Rach1234
    Beginner
    Rach1234 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As the campest of seamstresses, (what do you call a male seamstress?) wisely advised me, who gives a **** what is underneath, so long as it looks amazing on top. Late in the evening, when the guests have gone, dash upstairs and put something else on. Its not hard to find an excuse, it was easier going to hte loo in our room than trying to get the dress in a toilet cubicle.

• milna
    Beginner May 2009
    milna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah ... we will be in a Marquee... in a field .... with portaloos! (Ok - posh toilet trailer - not proper portaloos - but no dashing upstairs! ?

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As my H2B is wearing a kilt and will be a true scotsman on the day, he's suggesting it's only right that I do the same (!!!)....and it's not because my dress is lovely and slinky and he's offering fashion advise a la Gok Wan... methinks he thinks he'll have trouble with the corset tied back (has already said he'll use a pen knife - uh, yeah right!), plus I just think he's be a rude boy.... boys...tsk!

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

Trust me, you need comfort on the day, not something that will have you pulling and picking at your bum or boobs all day long.

Sloggi, Spanx et al are the way to go. I had some Debenhams magic knickers and no bra. At the end of the night it took my husband about an hour to unbutton my dress and help un-pin my hair, by which time all romance had long gone ?

If you really want something special for your wedding night, change into it later.

• xxxsnowbunnyxxx
    Beginner
    xxxsnowbunnyxxx ·
    • Hide content

I am going braless as my dress has a corset, I am only going to be wearing some seamless boxer shorts £5 from asda for a black and flesh pair.

I have already told OH don't be expecting anything slinky, I just want comfort.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

my basque (without straps and sussies!) still to try it under my dress...

my firm control knickers...

and something similar to this for changing into for going away, plain, cream and v v cheap in bhs sale.....sensible pants, pretty bra, nice Smiley smile

• kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

I originally bought this bra with the shorts, but by the time I got to my next dress fitting I'd lost weight again and the bar was too big, so my lovely mum bought another set for me, so regardless of what size I am on the day I should have a set that fits!

That may sound strange, but as my period will have only just finished, there's a chance I may still have inflated boobs on the day, so I can't predict what size I'll be!

Bloody hormones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics