Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

What width is your wedding ring?

GeordieBarbie, 17 of January of 2010 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 13

Just wondering what width size ring you've gone for?

My engagement ring is 3mm. Can't decide whether I want 3mm or bigger for my wedding ring (sales woman yesterday was rubbish and only showed me 3mm so may have a better look when we go back)

13 replies

Latest activity by Beccy Sprout, 18 of January of 2010 at 10:33
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

3mm. But i have icckle fingers Smiley smile

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

I think I might of went for a 6mm but not too sure, nt planning on wearing my ER beside it thought, going to move that over to my other hand as my WR could sort of do both if you know what I mean.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

My wedding band is 3mm size i have skinny fingers so couldn't wear a bigger width band. OH is 6mm

x

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

My er is 3mm as well and im debating between 3mm or 4mm. i want people to be abl;e to tell im wearing a wr and anything smaller than 3mm you can bearly see it. i was also told that really you should go bigger than your er ring, although im still undecided. i think il end up with a 4 mm tho. isnt it silly, the size of a mm really does make a difference doesnt it. x

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

My ER is 2.5mm and my wedding is 3mm. I thought I wanted a 4mm wedding band but when I tried them on the looked wrong on my hand and next to my ER they overpowered it. You need to try lots of different styles, shapes and sizes on xxxx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

My WR is 3mm. My ER is 3mm at the back but it tapers up to about 1mm at the front where it meets the diamond so the 3mm WR is perfect for it - any wider would look strange.

You'll need to try a range of different sizes with your ER to work out what looks best with it.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Mine's like that too Gillsy.

Yeah - that's what I'd wanted to do but the sales woman was rubbish! She only showed me two 3mm rings.

Will go back during the week

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

The sales person certainly sounds rubbish - hard to believe that she was actually trying to sell you something!!!!

try again - hope you have better luck next time.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

She was horrible / boderine rude!

I wasn't feeling happy and said to OH "shall we think about it" to which she replied "what is there to think about? he has to wear ring" Exactly! that's why we should think about it to make sure he's happy! ?

She certainly wasn't getting any of my commision!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that you had such a rubbish time GB. Boo to useless sales assistants.

I'm hopefully getting a 2mm wedding band. I really want something superskinny as my ER is so pretty and having too much metal on my teeny fingers will just look weird. I've tried a few bands, but haven't had much luck yet!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Salespeople can be soo rude sometimes! both my rings are 2mm, the main band of my er is 2mm and I didnt want anything bigger with my wr

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Mr ER is 2.5mm (or maybe 3mm) and my wedding ring is 3mm. Both have exactly the same style, hard court half D shape. I felt like anything else just looked wrong so when I finally found 'the one' I was delighted because they look so right together. Excuse the chunky fingers but this was on honeymoon and I was melting with the heat so my fingers were really swollen.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Mr wedding ring is 4mm, the band on my ER is 2mm, but the diamonds in it are 4mm so it balances with those even those it's wider than the band if that makes sense! I guess it's just a case of trying on different rings next to your ER and deciding which look you like best.

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

My ER is 3 mm and my wedding ring is 2.5mm... I've got a huge sparkely solitaire so my WR band being any larger than 2.5 looked odd on my fingers and detracted from the rock!! Shallow? Moi?? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics