Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs*W*2B
Beginner August 2014

what would you prefer for evening food?

Mrs*W*2B, 18 of April of 2012 at 15:56

Posted on Planning 40

we are going to discuss some pricing options with the venue we want to pick and have some ideas about evening food in mind that i would like him to price up...we are having 150 in the evening so would like to keep the cost around £10 a head (maybe tad more) OH likes the idea of having cheese and...

We are going to discuss some pricing options with the venue we want to pick and have some ideas about evening food in mind that i would like him to price up...we are having 150 in the evening so would like to keep the cost around £10 a head (maybe tad more)

OH likes the idea of having cheese and pate with breads, chutneys, fruit etc (little limited maybe if you don't like cheese or pate?)

whereas i think im now leaning more towards a baked potato and salad bar (baked potato's with a variety of fillings, tuna, cheese, beans, chilli etc and then a selection of nice salads)

we are having a summer wedding and over half the people that are there in the evening won't have had the wedding breakfast...

OH thinks the baked potato & salad bar would be a bit rubbishy but i think that the cheese and pate is a bit limited and not very filling by itself

which would you prefer as a guest?

x

40 replies

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Sash2610 ·
    • Hide content

The wedding i went to had the chips and bacon rolls in those metal trays with the lids on so they didnt go cold and they fillled them up a few times with fresh food and mostly because it had all been eaten

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Cheese and chutneys sound awesome!

• Miss_EmiB
    Beginner October 2013
    Miss_EmiB ·
    • Hide content

I'll be having Bacon/Sausage Baps with Chips and salad - Something different! Me and H2B really dislike buffet food! And venue have done us a great deal for the sausage and bacon baps £7 a head!

You could always go for a Hog Roast or Buffet?! x

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

If I'd been a day guest, then the cheese and pates sounds lovely. But if I was just an evening guest, I'd want more. I never eat before going to an evening party and I expect there to be food - not a massive amount, but something. Having said that, I'll try to have a late lunch, or some toast before going, just in case.

I hate the idea of a "beige" buffet with sandwiches, quiches, sausage rolls etc. Too much like a kids' party.

The jacket potato bar sounds absolutely lovely and I'd love to have that, as long as there was plenty of room to sit down.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Definitely the baked potato or hot potato as I'm fussy and don't like the skins ? Unfortunately, I don't like any cheese at all and won't touch it - actually the smell puts me off so most of it I've never even tasted but it's also something I am forbidden to eat anyway as I have inherited high cholesterol. I could eat salads till it comes out of my ears though and the more different kinds there are, the greedier I am!

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I'd prefer the Jacket Potatoes and Salad bar ?.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics