Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2010

Whats Off peak and whats classed as peak?

mrslowndes2b, 22 February, 2010 at 18:15 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi All

Just a quick question what is classed as peak season and whats off peak? I thought it is April - October is peak and the rest of the time is off peak? Just talking to my friend who is getting married in April and she thought she was off peak?

x

9 replies

Latest activity by greenleaf, 23 February, 2010 at 13:58
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends... my venue is off-peak October to March and peak April to September

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought it was May to September, I am however getting married in October and my price is the same as a summer wedding, sorry not much use was I lol!

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Lol

I think it just depends on the companies defination of peak and off peak!!!

xx

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Mine is May-October

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Mine is Nov - March

Luckily i am getting married in the Jan, and we got an amazing deal, even the guest hotel rooms are only £45 a night because they never get booked up in Jan!

And speaking to people at a recent wedding fayre (car hire etc), they will do fantasic deals for out fo season weddings too!

xxxx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I think it does depend on the venue - I'm April and its off peak. Our hotel is peak from May to September peak and everything else is off peak.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

It really must vary from venue to venue as the only months classed as off peak at mine are Jan, Feb and November!!

We're going for Feb as we got 50% off of our room booking. :-)

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Think it does depend on venues etc my venue is May to Sept.. We are getting married in Feb because of our choice of Honeymoon - Feb was a good month - which is perfect for us.

We have saved a fortune on our venue doing it at this time of the year.

I did speak to a wedding supplier.. can't remember who when I asked for off peak discount hehe - had the cheek to say we dont offer off peak discounts as we weddings are not off peak. Everyone else gave discounts

• Sharonhair HIB
    Sharonhair HIB ·
    • Hide content

I think you find it varies from supplier to supplier. I find i do weddings all year now, so there is no off peak for me. In fact December was my busiest, I had 8 Brides.

I do normal hairdressing so when I am not doing 'wedding hair' I am still working.

My prices are flexible anyway , I try and tailor the price to what is actually being done.

the only discount I usually do is if it is just hair for the bride and its a weekday (apart from Friday), I waive the bride only charge.

Sharon.x

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Photographers tend to change as well,It just depends what else they do as those who do lots of xmas portraits may only have a jan to march off peak time.

I class my off peak time as November to april although what i have found is that i am photographing more weddings towards the end of the year than the start with september and december being almost as busy as july where as 3 years ago I was photographing more in the first half of the year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics