Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Pugsley*
Beginner March 2014

What's the best thing you've ever seen at a wedding you've been to?

*Pugsley*, 19 of September of 2013 at 17:14 Posted on Planning 0 17

What has been the best/most fun/enjoyable thing you've ever seen or experienced at a wedding?

17 replies

Latest activity by Holey, 19 of September of 2013 at 20:35
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

This will be the 'not playing the game properly' answer that everyone groans at...

The best thing I've experienced at a wedding - every wedding - is the joy of being with friends, eating together, drinking wine, dancing. No bouncy castle can beat that.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This definitely ^^^

Also at the last wedding I went to my friend - the bride did an icebreaker thing for when everyone say down for food. She typed on a piece of paper a random facts about each person and everyone on the table had to guess which person each fact related to, it was really fun and so personal, plus it really did break the ice.

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

My sister had the Divine Miss Em at her wedding and she was fantastic, really livened up the eveing :-) http://www.emmaruth.co.uk/welcome.htm

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! I've not been to loads of weddings so I probably don't count as much, but the best times I've had is having a drink & dancing with friends..oh and having some cake haha. I also love the personal touches like when couples have little favours, personalised things..cake toppers that are a bit different etc Smiley smile

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

My 2 year old son throwing some moves at his uncles wedding, when the live band was on.

Cutest thing ever. He normally runs away and screams at loud noises and lots of people.

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

The bride and groom and all our friends going mad to Move Any Mountain by The Shamen, like the clapped out ravers we are. ?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Agree with Footers cos nothing beats that however, there was a few little things that I really liked at other weddings:

Magician - he appeared at that time where other people had disappeared; the bridal party were doing pics on their own and we didn't know many people in the reception area - he got us talking to a few other couples and was great. That was the only wedding I'd been to with a magician and we couldn't get one for ours!

Aeroplane acrobatics display - the bride is an aeronautical engineer (like my hubby) and arranged for a couple of small aeroplanes to come and do a display - was really cool! They did a heart shape in the sky that matched their 'theme'.

At the time, I did like other little things that have now been done to death (i did them myself too!): flip flops, beauty treats in bathroom, favours, chocolate fountain, ferrero rocher trees.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

My brother's speech at his wedding. He had everyone in tears and really showed just how much he loved his new wife. He died of cancer 7 years ago, two days after his son was born and now I can't watch the cideo bur still remember how he felt that day

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

So nice to hear all the heart warming stories.

Obviously the actual marriage side of things is always the best but I also like to hear the unusual things which made people giggle!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

The bride sitting in the corner of her marquee playing with her nephew and his Buzzy and Woody toys. She was sober.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Haha that's so sweet! I bet it is so he doesn't blub though Smiley winking He'll end up sobbing through the vows haha Smiley smile

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

My cousin was marrying into an irish family so as their centre pieces they had buckets with bottles of guiness and bottles of English ale. I thought it was a fab idea, the bucket eben had bottle opener on it

Other thing was at our friend's wedding at the weekend whilst the register was being signed they were laughing and joking with each other as though they were the only two people in the church

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics