Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2012

Whats the worst and best hen party you have been to!

christabella6, 23 September, 2011 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi i am getting married next Aug and i have my bridesmaids busy working away on my hen do. But another friend of mine is getting married in June and i have been picked as the one to organise her hen do. Want to do something special but have no idea where to start. We are in the London area so can travel in there if need be. So i was thinking if any of you lovely ladies could share some of you experiences of hen dos (good and bad) that would be a great help. Many thanks.

5 replies

Latest activity by warlycarly, 25 September, 2011 at 17:48
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Worst - my first, 10yrs ago now. People dropped out or had useless excuses until it was just my best mate and myself in Brighton for the weekend. She did her best, bless her, but it wasn't the group fun I wanted.

Best - my best mate's that I organised *blush*. Just seemed to work - the people she'd asked me to invite pretty much all said yes, we all got on even though a lot of us didn't know each other. We went to Bournemouth, had a nice hotel, low key get-to-know-you drinks on Friday, shopping / beach / dinner / club on a blisteringly hot Saturday, and all day recovering on the beach / in the sea on Sunday. Not overpriced, no need for flying away anywhere and people could leave for home when they needed to on Sunday.

I'd ask your mate what she wants. Or at least an idea. Spa? Outdoorsy activity? Class of some sort (pole dancing / cupcake making etc)? Meal and boozy pub and club? Also what's more important - the people who come, or where/what it is? (If you go abroad, many people may not afford it etc).

My hen do next year is perfect for me - meal out, off to a show (Dirty Dancing), then drinks and 80s pub/club, stay over, lazy breakfast and home. £100ish all in per person, only one night away (I don't want more, CBM has baby twins she doesn't want to leave for 2 nights etc) and nothing that people may be put off by (2 of my mates would be a bit intimidated / put off by a full on spa experience, for example).

There are SO many things you can do, but I'd make sure whatever you do suits the needs and style of the bride and the other hens Smiley smile

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

I do have to say i find its the bride to be whom makes it a good or bad hen do.... Some peps just take it in their stride while others fret about every bit ie i've played Mr and Mrs on 4 brides and they are set up to make the bride drink.. everyone knows this however one bride was so up set that they didn't know there H2B is just crashed from that moment on.

My favorite place was bath.. the night life is sooo good and then the thermal springs the next day was perfect for the girly hangover cure!

I've defo taken notes from my friends and i'm jut going to embrace whatever they throw at me (OMG the revenge they've all been waiting for!!)

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Worst was my sisters! crappy pub crawl (she doesnt drink!) organised by her work friends who she'd known for 6 weeks! i'd planned a night at a karaoke bar (she loves to sing) but she blew me off 2 weeks before saying she disnt want a hen do :-( but sdhe had one on bank holiday weekend, every pub was rammed & awful!

best was my own last weekend! we went for afternoon tea at the dorchester in london, terribly posh! stuffed our faces with cake then went back to my friends house for a pamper party & games night with cocktails & singstar. it was ace!

• mrs toosh
    Beginner December 2011
    mrs toosh ·
    • Hide content

Worst hen night was mine last time i got married....someone thought it would be a good idea to invite my future husband's EX WIFE...and she came!.....she had a nice evening getting drunk then being sick on the way home.....

The best hen night will be mine this time round....dont know what we doing yet but with me as the guest of honour it's got to be special ?

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies x

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Hello, The worst was an ann summers party followed by a 'pub crawl' the ann summers lady was late, the bride wasnt even dressed when we got there, we couldnt spend any money at the ann summers as we were all about to go out. Then we lost the bride as we were supposed to meet her at her friends house but for whatever reason didnt show up, we eventually found her but by this time is was last orders in the pub!! So we all went home very very sobar Smiley sad

The best was my auntie's pub crawl, we dressed up as indians, all had our own unique indian names. (very funny) and we just had a good laugh, it was great,.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics