Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Whats your best wedding bargain and was it found on Ebay?

moonpie1985, 9 May, 2011 at 22:46 Posted on Planning 0 24

So having started out planning my wedding, I thought that it would be hard to get a bargain if the 'W' word is mentioned. But having just googled 'wedding favours' a massive amount of amazingly cheap ones came up - mostly found through the Bay!

I always thought I couldnt afford wedding favours and it was just a luxury. But having found some that work out at 10p per person... I just don't see why not!

24 replies

Latest activity by Snuggle-bum, 10 May, 2011 at 17:17
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

One of my favourite eBay finds is the personalised sweetie bags we got for our sweet buffet. 100 bags printed with our names and the wedding date, plus a little Star Wars design - £11 including postage!

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Wow.. that is a bargain.

I keep getting tempted to start picking up little bits like this, but my wedding is over a year away !

Must hold back just a little while longer Smiley laugh

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jsmout ·
    • Hide content

I think my wedding dress...which i couldnt afford new,

So my bargain is a ronald joyce Veni for £150, instead of the usual £1000 to £1500.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My weddings not till next year but I have started to buy little bits already. I love eBay! Have seen sweets I will get later in the year. May order favour bags soon.

the other day I bought some flowers, diamonte pins and table crystals so will attempt to see if I can make our centerpieces for cheaper.

my best buys been mine wedding dress. Not from eBay from a preloved website but bought brand new with tags etc

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Wow...10p a favour!!! That is a result Moonpie1985. I've bought all my favour bits on eBay and I thought I was doing well at 40p a favour. EBay has been amazing - £1 for 100 Ivory Silk Rose Petals, £10 for 100 A5 folded card blanks (250gsm) and envelopes, £6 for a silver clutch bag for the MOTB, £6 for 90m of ribbon, the list goes on. I love eBay ?

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I never know how to find stuff like u peeps do on ebay lol... i get bored fter 2 pages ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Our best bargain has to be our bouncy castle for £40 which I think is very reasonable.

Our favours also came from ebay and they cost £24ish for 140 which isn't too bad.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Postcards from Vistaprint are my best bargain - I got 100 for free!

Other than that I found a florist wholesalers selling the vases I wanted as seconds at a discount due to airbubbles in the glass. I think we paid £4 each instead of £10.

Best ebay bargain was a pair of matching handbags for me and my BM - 99p each!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wow this is really good, do you mind me asking who you went with? am not after Star Wars but would be great if we could get a New York motif on our bags with our names on!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

My bargins have mainly come from Vistaprint at the moment although I still keep looking on ebay too!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I'd also love to know which seller you got them from SammyJay!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I didnt end up getting favours but when i was looking i came across SoleFavours which have tons of good stuff ridiculously cheap.

Vistaprint was also a godsend. 40 invites for £18 pound, but £22 on postage as we needed them quick, so still only £40.

And we got the 100 free postcards from them which i ammended into Thankyou cards and everyone has commented on how lovely they are, and i only paid postage!

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

I had a lot of great bargains! I can't decide between these:

- My tiara which I bought on the Hitched "For Sale" forums for £35 - it is honestly one of the most beautiful things I have ever owned! It's by Warren York and I'm not sure how much it cost originally, but i was so delighted with it, it was perfect!

- My veil, which I bought for £45 from Ebay, which was originally bought by the first owner for £100 from a bridal shop.

- My petticoat, Jupon 163, again from Ebay - usually cost around £55-60, paid £30 for it.

?

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I forgot! Definitely one of my best bargains was the bracelets I got for my mini bridesmaids. They were pearl and sparkly beads, with their name spelt out, and each had a little charm attached (I chose a different one for each bridesmaid). They came in pretty little organza bags. Amazing price - I think I paid £2.75 each on Ebay - the seller is escar111 if anyone is interested.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I love a bargain my best bargain was my dress

Maggie Sotterro gown for 375 pounds instead of 850+

Free Vistaprint banners, free postcards to use instead of guest book, pens, bags t.shirts etc...

oh so cherished groom journal brand new off ebay for fraction of the original price.

I am sure there will be more!!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know someone else has already asked but hopefully you might see it if I repeat it ?

I'd love some of these (minus the star wars). Pretty please can you tell us the name of the seller?

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Mine was my Liza crystal tiara... £80 in my bridal shop... ebay £35 (second hand but its like brand new and in its box!)

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

I HEART EBAY! I am making homemade jam for my favours and got 100 tiny jam jars for £7!

In fact thinking about it most of my DIY bits are all from ebay to be honest!! I have table number holders, menu holders, napkins, vintage tea cups...

But have hardly spent much money at all...

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

I love Ebay

I think my dress (see previous post) has to be my biggest bestest bargain £79

But coming close is my tiara that I just got £1.04 new with box and its stunning ?

Both great finds on Ebay many more things I have found but these 2 are my fave.

Katrina x x

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to make charm bracelets for my BMs and by the power of eBay, they'll end up costing me about £2 each, including the charms ?

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

Our evening guest favours came in at 18p each. We're having 200 personalised mini packs of Lovehearts that say "Just Married" and "Thank You From Mr & Mrs ******"

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No prob - it was a seller called beatlesrgreat who has a shop on eBay.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup, done! See my last post. Sorry, I always forget to check back and see if anyone's responded to me!

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

I've had LOASDS of bargains....mainly ebay/vistaprint like everyone else. I've bought things from brandally/secretsales and the stuff i got the flowergirls from debenhams was all with 20% off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics