Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Whats your favourite film and why?

daisymoo86, 19 of April of 2016 at 12:32 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 23

Just a bit of fun, and to get things going again over here... So what is your favourite film and why? I actually struggle to answer this sort of question myself, me and OH are complete film lovers. We got to see all the latest marvel movies, the batmans, star wars etc. But if I had to pick my all time favourite it would probably be The Shawshank Redemption. I can just watch that film over and over again, it never bores me. I think its a sad but great story. So over to you...

23 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsT17, 5 of August of 2016 at 08:26
  • DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Mines is the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I'm a huge fan of the books and I thought Jackson did an amazing job so I try and watch them at least once a year.

Slightly less geeky though - Dead Poets Society is a fantastic film. Gets me every time!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

This is such a hard one - I think it all depends on my mood!

For something funny I'd probably say Stepbrothers.

For something cute I'd say Disney Pixar's Up

For something scary I'd say Grave Encounters, Sinister or Insidious.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Beaches if I feel like a good cry.

Disney films are always feel good films.

Any disaster movie. Lol. Can't beat a good plane crash/volcano/earthquake/tornado/asteroid going to flatten the earth movie.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm with you there!

I always struggle with this too, I would say my go to is 10 thing I hate about you..just reminds me of my teenage, carefree years

Other than that I have a long list, Alice in Wonderland, Butterfly Effect, Liar Liar, The Big Short...I could go on!

• rockabird
    Beginner May 2017
    rockabird ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 completely different favourites.

Love Actually

and

My Favourite Wife - an old b&w one with Cary Grant and Irene Dunn. So funny and of course Cary is very easy on the eye!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Shaz shank redemption is fantastic! Hmmm tough choice but I would probably say green mile although I can't watch it often as I get close to blubbing!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Favourite film is Armageddon. No idea why, I just absolutely love it. It was the first DVD my parents ever owned, and you had to turn it over in the middle of the film! It's not the same without that flip! It happens in the really dramatic explosion on the Space Station too haha I love it so much that we're having "Don't wanna miss a thing" as our first dance Smiley smile

My favourite Disney film, however, is Beauty and the Beast because I really identified with Belle as a child Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha my other half has given up asking how many times ive seen Armageddon. I absolutely love it too.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

There are MANY films I love, but I think if push came to shove my favourite would be 'Shawn of the Dead'. My Dad, brother and I can quote it verbatim and whenever I watch it I can't help but smile.

That said, Inception, Toy Story, Forrest Gump, San Andreas (so bad it's good), The Matrix, Terminator 2, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Fifth Element and Pirates of the Caribbean all hold very special and dear places in my heart.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I *love* Toy Story! We love a Toy Story marathon in our house! End of Toy Story 3 makes me cry so hard! We are considering having "We Belong Together" in the wedding somewhere - maybe our first dance

• H
    Beginner January 2018
    HappyBrownHair576 ·
    • Hide content

My favorite is 5th Element Smiley smile Just watched it for 30 already . lol

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I can't narrow it down to one....

Disaster movies - The day after tomorrow, Armageddon

Love - Titanic, love actually

Humour -Johnny English

and then there's Die hard, Rambo, Fast & Furious, Star Trek, .......

• Catlady28
    Beginner March 2017
    Catlady28 ·
    • Hide content

My favourite film is Amélie. It's such a lovely, beautiful and weird film! I've loved it from the first time I saw it!?

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

I love me before you movie.

it's simple but has very deep meaning, and also applicable

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Probably a bit of a depressing choice but American History X. I can't watch it too often and I can't say why it's my favourite but it just really resonates with me.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Tough one for me to answer too, as it depends what mood I'm in!

Love Actually has to be on my list... along with Despicable me 1 & 2...though I can live without seeing the Minions movie again!

Leon is another favourite, though I can't really tell you why- it just gets me!

Shawshank and Green Mile are modern classics that I adore too.

I think if pushed though, I'd have to say that my all time favourite film is the original Point Break- Keanu Reeves at his physical best in a wet suit.... Patrick Swayze in a wet suit- 'nuff said... and (confession time!) Lori Petti in a wet suit... (I defy even the most heterosexual woman not to have a tiny girl crush on her in that film) and the awesome Gary Busey- can't help but laugh at him!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I want to add another to my list actually!

As Good as it Gets

Jack Nicholson is great in it and it's really cute in a bittersweet kind of way.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Which reminded me jack Nicholson and Morgan freeman in The Bucket List. Moving and funny and sad. I would love to meet someone rich to whizz me off to do my whole bucket list.

And The C Word. True story and for a change so true to life that I could have finished every sentence for her. The part where she turns up for her first Chemo done up to the nines and super cheerful is hilarious. As is later in jeans too big no hair no makeup and an old hoody.

Don't be put off thinking two morbid choices they are both good films and will make you laugh as well as cry.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I've thought of some more...!!

Hot Fuzz- hilarious and filmed very locally to me, always nice to recognise places!

Pride- if you haven't seen it, DO- amazing 'feel good' film with a powerful message.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

...oh, and Jack Nicholson... reminded me of ANOTHER favourite- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest... brilliant film! (and as a Psych Nurse, Yes, I have regularly been called Nurse Ratchet!!)

• H
    HappyBlueCakes643 ·
    • Hide content

My favorite movie is twilight. I have seen all the series. I like love stories.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree with this! Such a good film.

True story I think?

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Certainly based on a true story!

• F
    Beginner September 2017
    FutureMrsT17 ·
    • Hide content

I've got a few favourites.. Titanic, The Butterfly Effect, How to lose a guy in 10 days, 10 things I hate about you, The Bourne series!

Most are chick flicks ? But I do love a good action film too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics