Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BridalButterfly2012
Beginner June 2012

What's your wedding day perfume?

BridalButterfly2012, 1 of February of 2012 at 19:30

Posted on Planning 85

I have a few in mind and can't quite decide what to go for. Ate the moment i have a top 4 these are 1)YSL Elle 2)Armarni code 3) Jimmy Choo 4) Chanel chance What are you all having? Do the above seem too strong smelling for wedding day bridal perfume?

I have a few in mind and can't quite decide what to go for. Ate the moment i have a top 4 these are

1)YSL Elle

2)Armarni code

3) Jimmy Choo

4) Chanel chance

What are you all having? Do the above seem too strong smelling for wedding day bridal perfume?

85 replies

• helenparki
    Dedicated June 2027
    helenparki ·
    • Hide content

Mine will be Gucci Flora - my OH bought me it on our anniversary and we both love it Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

I am going with Vera Wang - Princess

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

I'm actually allergic to alcohol so I can't even wear perfumes containing it. ☹️

So if I wear perfume normally it has to be an oil but I've gone right off them recently especially since the Body Shop stopped doing them. I think I will be 'wearing' Soap and Glory moisturisers and shower gel as I love the smell but I don't know how to make the smell last.

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Bvlgari Rose. It's what I've always worn and think the familiar scent will be nice for my OH. I've asked him to wear what he always wears....x

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here! I absolutely love the perfume and it's perfect for a wedding, light, fresh, floral and it lasts! ?

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be wearing my favourite - Gucci 2

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I'l be wearing the purple Givenchy one (can't remember it's actual name!). It's what I usually wear and if I ever change my perfume my OH hates it. Plus I love it so will be wearing it for the wedding day.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very Irresistible?

• RayeRaye84
    Beginner
    RayeRaye84 ·
    • Hide content

Chanel Allure.

It was perfect for the day, a classic scent.

I haven't used it since though....

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

YSL - J'adore for me! love it!

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sheree_heptinstall ·
    • Hide content

Mine will be either Christina Aguilera, with the black lace bottle, which my OH loves, but doesn't stay too long, or Nina Ricci in the red apple, which is gorgeous Smiley smile x

• stacieowen
    Beginner August 2012
    stacieowen ·
    • Hide content

Oooh Marc Jacobs, Daisy, this is the one that appears in all the wedding magazines, i think i may try this one!!

• MrsStobe13
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsStobe13 ·
    • Hide content

I'm between Armani Mania pour femme, which I loves as it smells like lilies. Bond Girl from Avon, which is the first perfume my H2B brought for me, or Curious by Britney, which I was wearing at my 18th, the first time I ever dance with my H2B.

But thanks for getting me thinking, I'm gonna go have a sniff of them all and rank them in preference I think!

MrsStobe13 x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Didn't know if anyone was interested in this: www.livingsocial.com/cities/1569/deals/254074-20-to-spend-online-towards-luxury-perfumes

£10 for a £20 voucher.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Wow so many perfumes i hadn't even considered half of them looks like i will need all day to decide this one in a department store lol.

OOH thanks kharv i will have a look at that.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

If any one is looking for Vera Wang rock Princess..,....its on Groupon today at £29.99

http://www.groupon.co.uk/lp/UZ7/index.php?dealid=3083850

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Penhaligon's Violetta for me Smiley smile

I'm a perfume junkie, so it's been hard to pick one for the 'big' day and even harder to stop wearing it too much between then and now!

• mattsgirl
    Beginner August 2012
    mattsgirl ·
    • Hide content

I'll be wearing Givenchy Amarige. I love this perfume and my OH buys it me every christmas since we have been together!!

• MrsStobe13
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsStobe13 ·
    • Hide content

Well..following last nights post I lightly misted my left hand with Bond Girl and my Right with Curious (I narrowed it down that far!), waited 20 minutes for it to diffuse and went back in to my H2B. I thrust my hands in front of him and simply stated "I'm trying to pick a perfume for our wedding, do you prefer the right one or the left one?". Matt sniffed them both and without missing a beat, tapped my left hand and went "that one! That's Bond Girl! That's the one I got you!"

So..ladies, my wedding perfume it seems will be Bond Girl ?

MrsStobe13 x

• MrsStobe13
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsStobe13 ·
    • Hide content

Well..following last nights post I lightly misted my left hand with Bond Girl and my Right with Curious (I narrowed it down that far!), waited 20 minutes for it to diffuse and went back in to my H2B. I thrust my hands in front of him and simply stated "I'm trying to pick a perfume for our wedding, do you prefer the right one or the left one?". Matt sniffed them both and without missing a beat, tapped my left hand and went "that one! That's Bond Girl! That's the one I got you!"

So..ladies, my wedding perfume it seems will be Bond Girl ?

MrsStobe13 x

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

Il be wearing either viktor and rolf flowerbomb or paco rabbane xs rose ?
  • VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Hi BridalButterfly2012!

I wore Jo Malone - Orange Blossom for our December wedding last year.

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    MrsJLBriggs ·
    • Hide content

I'm really tempted to go with either Daisy by Marc Jacobs, or a lovely one by the Body Shop (the blue one, can't remember its name!).

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

Will be wearing the one d&g the one was wearing it when we met! Cheesy! Although am hinting for the one Kate Middleton wore am slightly obsessed with her!

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I have narrowed it down so far to stella mcartney or ysl elle for now but am thinking of going for something more florally and light but that lasts as our wedding is at end June.

Marc jacobs seems to be popping up quite a bit and i am ashamed to say i haven't smelt it i don't think so i will be having my perfume trip with my sister to smell some.

I love armani diamonds my sister wears it a lot but i tried it as i had a little sample from a sample set my oh got me for xmas with a few different ones and it smells awful on me!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

This thread inspired me to go perfume shopping at the weekend and I have fallen in love with Chanel Coco Mademoiselle...not the cheapest in the shop...ouch!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

Am having Flora (Gucci?) for our floral/garden wedding. Am not normally a perfume girl. Despite this, OH got this for my last birthday (bless!) and I did love it when I tried it out, so I've squirrelled it away ever since waiting for the big day! Been wearing a couple of more familiar scents since, and want this one to be different and bring back those wedding memories as per that theory!

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    ckelly10 ·
    • Hide content

I have been thinking about this for a while now and this is what I have chose....

http://www.thelondonperfumecompany.com/brands/dolce-and-gabbana-32/dolce-and-gabbana-light-blue-for-women-eau-de-toilette-12038.html

What do you guys think? A good wedding perfume? I have never actually worn it before but wanted something special and unique for my big day. I have had a tester spray of it on my hand and loved the smell.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww!!! I haven't worn this in ages... Must treat myself!! It's fresh but still quite powerful. As with any perfume, it depends on how well they work and stay on your skin... For some reason, I don't seem to be able to hold perfume for long at all. It also depends on your whole wedding style.... If you like it and can imagine it fitting in with your dress, flowers etc then go for it :0) xx

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Pretty sure ill be wearing Flowers by Kenzo (sleek bottle, poppies... Lovely! ) I absolutely love it and it seems to suit me. It's a happy scent :0) plus, it was OHs gorgeous late mum's favourite too, so it's just another way of feeling like we have her with us on our day. ( we are also doing poppy seed favours with a request for guests to plant them as a lasting memory of her and our marriage ) xx

• ImagineIt
    Beginner December 2012
    ImagineIt ·
    • Hide content

Mine was Banana Republics' Rosewood. The same perfume I wore on my first date with hubs.x

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

I though it was going to be Acqua Di Parma's Iris Nobile, but OH said he wants me to wear something new!

I want something that's not likely to be discontinued.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics