Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2010

Wheelchair accessible venue

Christiane, 23 August, 2009 at 19:45 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm new to this forum and I'm searching for a nice and wheelchair accessible wedding venue in Kent or SE London, which seems like a mission for me. I'm the bride and a wheelchair user. Also other guests will need a step-free environment. I couldn't find a nice venue really. Any hints from you are highly welcome.

And I have another "cultural" question: I just live in the UK for 3 years. I am German, my partner is Portuguese. We are a little bit surprised that most of the venues kick you out at midnight. German and Portuguese weddings last till 2 or 3 am very often. People dance, eat and chat the whole night. Is there any room for negotiating? Is it a licence problem? Again if you know a venue where we could party a little bit longer, please let me know. Thank you!

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrs S*, 27 August, 2009 at 19:37
  • 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Hi there and welcome ?

I don't really know your area so can't really help, sorry , but thought i'd say hi. as for the hours of closing for the venue - I think it may be a licensing issue, again not too sure. many people have 'after parties' either at home or at another venue. I think if you get married at a hotel the hours should be fine - maybe other hitchers can suggest....

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

Hey Christiane ?

This is Wendy, I didn't realise you were planning your wedding, how exciting ?

I'm sure you will find everyone on here very friendly and helpful

X

• C
    Beginner April 2010
    Christiane ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the warm welcome, 22tango. ?

• C
    Beginner April 2010
    Christiane ·
    • Hide content

Hi Wendy,

it's such a small world! Nice to meet you here!

Yes, after 13 years together we thought we give it a go....

• Birdie
    Beginner
    Birdie ·
    • Hide content

Hello

How about the Donnington Manor Hotel in Sevenoaks. As I remember, the ground floor is flat and there is a lift you can use for the bedrooms (which are upstairs). Although our DJ had to stop at midnight, we were allowed to use the downstairs bar after as we were residents, we went to bed about 2 but my friend were drinking until 4am

Hope you find something lovely

x

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

This looks lovely http://www.pinkweddings.biz/venues/kent/coolingcastlebarn.htm

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

It is a small world isn't it. I got married in 2002 and am still here ? though I now frequent the Off Topic forum more than here

This also loosk lovely http://www.alexanderhotels.co.uk/rowhill/ They say they have a late licence too !

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am getting married here....http://www.little-silver.co.uk

It's just outside Tenterden in Kent, one of the reasons we chose it is because h2b's dad is disabled. It has a wheelchair accessible entrance, a seperate disabled toilet with easy access from the main function room. They have two disabled bedrooms with wet room etc on the ground floor. We were really impressed with the consideration they showed for disabled people. Unfortunately they don't have a late licence, it has to end at midnight, though we were told that for residents in the hotel the bar would stay open.

Good Luck in your search ?

• C
    Beginner April 2010
    Christiane ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your help and the intersting links. ?

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

The venue we chose, The Turkey Mill, has no stairs, and is in Maidstone. It's on one level, and is a gorgeous venue. And Cooling Castle is lovely, too. Hope this helps.

http://www.theturkeymill.com

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Hi Christiane

Don't have any advice as I am at the other end of the country from you. Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to hitched. am sure you will find something as everybody on this forum is soooooo helpful!

?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

No help but ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics