Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious September 2023 West Sussex

Wheelchair brides

Victoria, 16 of June of 2021 at 17:56 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi lovely ladies. How are people finding there dresses when in a wheelchair?

I have to sometimes use one and need to keep this in mind for my wedding day. I found an amazing dress but after trying it my chair it was not suitable at all and after much heartache and tears I'm back at the beginning.
Any suggestions.

3 replies

Latest activity by Victoria, 7 of July of 2021 at 17:42
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I am so sorry to hear its has put you back to square one, that's so frustrating! What was the feature/s that made it unsuitable?
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry, that must be really disappointing.

Are you a member of any forum that provides support for your condition? I'm just wondering if posting on a forum like that might gather some helpful responses in that you would have a higher proportion of people who are used to having to take a chair into consideration when choosing clothes.

It might be worth contacting a few bridal salons to see if they have any experience of ordering dresses for people in wheelchairs - you might find a place that has recently done this and so has a better idea of what works and what doesn't.

Otherwise, all I can think is going for something a-line that would allow easy movement and not too bulky to fit into the chair. And if you wanted a train, perhaps going for a long veil instead, so that the veil could flow over the back of the chair?

I hope you find a dress that you love as much as the first one, but which will work both in and out of the chair. Best wishes x

• Victoria
    Beginner September 2023 Surrey
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies, it has been very helpful and love how strong this community is at helping each other out!

I believe I have found a solution to this problem and will let you know once we have gone back and reviewed the dress again.

Thank you all for your help,

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics