Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fcerrino
Beginner May 2011

When are you throwing your bouquet?

Fcerrino, 9 January, 2011 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 0 28

Not sure when to do it.

option 1; After the church, but means i wont have bouquet for evening. On plus side wonr have to drag it round all night

option 2; after cutting the cake. Good photo moment but not everyone will be there e.g. evening guests miss out

option 3; when we sneak off from the reception venue for wedding night, but this could be quite late if i'm enjoying being center of attention, some guests may have left already.

When are you planning to throw yours... if at all? as its gonna cost me about £90 for the one I want.

thanks in advance ladies xx

28 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca86, 11 January, 2011 at 10:40
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Not throwing it. I want to keep it for as long as i can

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Hadn't even thought about this! but I'm thinking option 2 for me - after the wedding breakfast in the gap before the evening do (we dont have many extra for the evening).

ETA: but only doing it for the photo as I'm keeping my bouquet to put on my Grandmothers grave xxx

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

If I decide to throw mine, I'll be getting another to throw as i want to preserve mine, and I'd do this after we've cut the cake, before the first dance, our evening guests should be here by this point, but Im not totally sure that I will do it yet.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

I probably wont be throwing it as we are having such a small wedding, does anyone know how you get them preserved?

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I'm not going to throw mine, as i chose silk so that i could keep it forever! ?

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I didn't throw mine. It was far to delicate being Orchids and I wanted my Nan to take it to put it on my Grandads grave. Turned out she forgot that because she was too busy robbing my table decs but that is a different story ?

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    leannefreddie ·
    • Hide content

I cant decide what to do!! to throw or not to throw that is the question?? maybe throw my bridesmaids instead!! if i do it will be in the evening i think, as more people there, but if i do day time can do it outside, so better for pic. dont know. to many decisions to make

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I really don't think I want to throw mine at all!

1 - I don't want anyone else to damage it

2 - I'd feel a bit cheeky going 'can I have it back now please' lol

I wanted to get mine preserved but it costs a couple of hundred i think so I might get a replica made in silk after the event

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to throw it because it looks like fun! But I chose a silk bouquet as I want it to adorn my dining table forevermore! If I throw it, is rude for me to ask for it back? Or maybe through one of the bridesmaids...they may not be as keen to keep theirs ?

I would do it as we're heading off to bed though, seems like a nice way to end the evening!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I wont be throwing mine as I'd knock someone out with it lol. It's made of buttons, brooches, pearls etc and weighs a ton!

• excitedbee
    Beginner February 2011
    excitedbee ·
    • Hide content

I think i would like to throw mine only because i caught it at a friends wedding in august 2009, and in april 2010 i got engaged (the next one out of all the girls who stood for the bouquet!) So the romantic soppy side of me thinks that it works and i'd liek to see if it comes true for whoever catches mine!

Having said that i did give the bride back her bouquet after catching it as it felt a bit mean to keep it.

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I won't be throwing mine as we are going to go and lay it at my aunt's grave the following weekend. Why not do it just before your first dance. That way everyone will be there and you wont have to stop the evening for it to happen and will be a nice way to get all the evening people to mingle with the day people.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Im not- i hadnt thought about it putting it on a grave- and i love the idea of putting it on my grandma and auntys grave- we are a lighting a candle for them in the reception- and i love the idea of giving them my bouquet

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

I'm not throwing mine. I want to keep it, it's so pretty. xx

• MrsFoster2b
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsFoster2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 2 identical bouquets made and we're laying the one I have at the ceremony on OH's mum and dad's grave straight after the church service (graveyard is in the grounds of the church). I'll then pick up my 'replica' bouquet at the reception venue ready for photos etc and will throw it at the end of the wedding breakfast while it's just my closest family and friends with us (before evening guests arrive - e.g people from mine and OH's work who we have to invite but i'd be gutted if they caught my flowers! hehe) x

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

I am going to have another Bm one made to throw. Going to preserve the heads in paper weights and give to the mums and one for myself!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Mine is silk and I am keeping it, however I ordered an extra silk bouquet indentical to the bridesmaids and I will throw that. I love the idea of doing it just before the first dance and will likely go with that idea.

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

I threw mine but I didnt want to throw my actual bouquet so I threw one of my bridesmaids so I could keep hold of mine for as long as possible ?

Claire

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I didn't throw mine as I put it on my Granny's headstone. Plus was too pretty to lob at people and may have caused a head injury.

? @ Spring's Gran robbing your table decs!

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

Back in my old country it is tradition to throw the bouquet shortly after the first dance. The groom throws his tie as well for the single men.

But with English weddings, I think this is the one part of the day that has no fixed place.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Won't be throwing mine in case it takes someone's eye out! Origami lilies with pearl detail attached to wire stems - lethal! lmao

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a lovely idea!!

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Well thanks for your input everyone.

I didnt think so many people would not throw their bouquet! I am now undecided as my bouquet is so pretty, but love the tradition of predicting who the next bride will be. Not doing bouquets for my bridesmaids so throwing one of those is not an option. May throw it after the cake cutting, then nick it back!!

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds great. Will you be trying to do this yourself or sending off the flowers for someone to do this? Looking online both are possible but having someone else do it does look like it costs a fair amount of money.

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

I found a place in haverford west called hafod grange. It's on the net. It's £35 for a large one.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

To be honest I think I have only seen a handful brides in all the years I have been doing weddings actually throw their bouquet. I have made a few toss posies specifically to throw which are just a smaller version of the Brides Bouquet.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a 'stunt bouquet' made up as I want to keep my actual one. Until the bouquet toss it's going to keep my cake company as extra decoration for the cake table.

When I get married I'm going to be become Mrs Robinson (bring on the young men!) and it's tradition at my H2B's family weddings that a certain song is played for the bride. I'm choosing this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvMFm5nKeUc&playnext=1&list=PL897B340FB661603C&index=1

In my wildest dreams Evan Dando from the Lemonheads would turn up and sing it to me himself, he is YUMMY!

Anyway, I'm going to get the DJ to announce that I'll be throwing my stunt bouquet at the end of the song and that all females can try and catch it - I've told my MOH, BM and close friends that they have to cause a BUNDLE!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I threw mine late on in the evening (kinda of forgot about it actually!) It was when the disco was on, not long before we were due to leave (we left early - the big wave us off moment).

I loved throwing it - was fun. And the flowers were only gonna die when I was off on honeymoon.

My mate threw here a couple of years ago - it was a massive waterfall bouquet which cost her £150, it didn't budge at all!

Flowers die, I have the nice pics to remember it ? And the girl who caught it was sooo chuffed! She managed to keep if for nearly 2 weeks afterwards.

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm have two made so i can keep one and throw one, i'm not having real flowers going to have silk then they can last forever,

Thinking of throwing mine after the breakfast, but before the dance i think anyways lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics