Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Saphireangel
Savvy June 2022 South East London

When best to change into 2nd dress?

Saphireangel, 21 of February of 2022 at 15:09 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 3

Hi Ladies,

Need some opinion / advice. I have a 2nd pale pink butterfly applique wedding dress in addition to the traditional white wedding dress. Its quite common in my home country (Malaysia) and culture for brides to have a 2nd dress. The church / tea ceremony is usually in the morning, ends in the early afternoon, and the wedding dinner starts at night at 8pm till 11ish pm (no dances, just dinner and a very protracted toast session). Brides either change into the 2nd dress before this wedding dinner, or they change mid-way through dinner.

I know it's not that common here in UK to have 2 dresses. I really loved that 2nd dress and it was on sales. My white dress has a medium train, and the pale pink has a shorter train, but still a a train. Unfortunately now I am scratching my head trying to figure out when to change into this 2nd dress. I'd prefer it if my first dance is in my traditional white wedding dress.

Is it socially acceptable for me to slink away just after my first dance to get changed into my 2nd dress?

3 replies

Latest activity by Saphireangel, 21 of February of 2022 at 23:56
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'd slink away maybe a few songs into the dancing. The bride and groom being on the dance floor really help build the momentum and get everyone else dancing! Wait a couple of songs until you feel people are definitely getting into the evening, and then disappear while they are enjoying themselves Smiley smile

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Sounds like a good plan! I went to a friend’s wedding a few weeks ago. She had planned to get married spring 2020 and long story short her and her hubby officially got married late 2020 but had their celebration a few weeks ago. The dress she wore for their official wedding was a very pretty white dress, but not a wedding gown. She loved it though, so a few songs after the first dance she changed into it she that she could make the most of both dresses. It worked really well!
  • Saphireangel
    Savvy June 2022 South East London
    Saphireangel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much ladies. I think I'll get changed into my second dress after a few songs.

Do you reckon it's wise to also add a bustle to my 2nd dress?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics