Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paige
Curious August 2023 Berkshire

When can i book my registrar?

Paige, 13 of March of 2021 at 00:08 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how early I can book my register for my wedding? We are planning on getting married in August 2023 but with how quickly venues are filling up we wanted to book our venue this year in the summer around July/ August. When I was researching I cant get a clear answer as to when I can book my registrar, a lot of people have said 1 year ahead, but others have said that's just for giving notice. The registry office is Aldershot. TIA for any help ❤

7 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:38
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    You can book the registrar anytime the 1 year before is for giving notice which is an additional part. A lot of venues ask that you provide them with confirmation of the registrar booking so they have it on file so they know for times etc. Sadly there are only a limited number of registrars and slots per date so even though it feels a long way off I would try and get the date booked as soon as possible when you know which venue and date you want.

Good luck
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great thanks, we are pretty sold on a date, we are just trying to sort the venue, the one we wanted shut due to covid so having to start from scratch which is not easy when everywhere is shit right now! X
  • Rhiannon
    Curious July 2022 Dorset
    Rhiannon ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya I get married July 2022 and booked my registrar august last year. She said she’d contact me when I have to give notice. I have no idea what the process is haha
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great to know thank you! Im still trying to figure it all out too, the legal side is a bit confusing!! Congrats and good luck for your wedding day x
  • Rhiannon
    Curious July 2022 Dorset
    Rhiannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so confused with the whole registrar thing haha xx
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly me too, but my other half is just as clueless, so I just keep asking my dad millions of questions and when he gets tired of them I ask my sister-in-law Smiley xd. This was one question neither of them could actually answer though, but someone had to know! These wedding forums have been a life saver. Good luck with your wedmin. Smiley smile

• Bethanie
    Curious March 2023 South West London
    Bethanie ·
    • Hide content
    We booked our venue December 2020 for March 2023. They held our date for 2 weeks while we contacted, booked and paid for our registrar. Once that was booked we went back to our venue to pay the deposit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics