Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2011

When can you chase RSVP's??

toby'smum, 14 March, 2011 at 12:29 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi ladies, I have a query about RSVP's, if I sent my invitations out at the end of February for my wedding on 28th May when can I chase people that haven't replied? We are catering ourselves so need to know numbers as mother in law to be is already starting to bake and freeze!! I don't want to harrass people so would like to know what the general thought is to how long you leave it.

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by toby'smum, 14 March, 2011 at 12:48
  • W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I did a reminder to those who had not sent rsvps back a week before the deadline we set

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Did you specify a date for which to have the RSVP's back?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

When did you tell them to RSVP by?

If you didn't include a date, I would start chasing mid-April as you've then given guests a month and a half. Tell people that if they haven't decided and let you know by 1st of May then you will assume they're not coming.

hope that helps!

• T
    Beginner May 2011
    toby'smum ·
    • Hide content

No I didn't put a deadline on the invitation. Thanks for your replies it has given me a rough idea.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Venues normally require 2-4 weeks notice of final numbers, so I'd say 2 weeks before that date.

Don't let people put you off giving you a definite answer, you need to know and they need to know you need to know. If they say "can they get back to you in a couple of days" then do so, and if they can't tell you a "yes" at that time then it's a "no" isn't it?

I have little time or tolerance for late replies - there are only two people on our list that haven't replied, one is having family issues, the other is my boss...

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Id give em till end march, as your wedding is fairly soon and like u say, u need to know for food etc. They should know in a month if theyre going or not. xx

• T
    Beginner May 2011
    toby'smum ·
    • Hide content

I agree I think people should let you know one way or the other, I can't be doing with people dithering! We are having the reception in my mother in law's garden in a marquee so we are doing everything ourselves, we have ordered tables/chairs etc but need definite numbers so we can finalise everything and organise food and drinks etc. I will chase mid April and if they don't let me know by 1st May presume they are not coming.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics