Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2012

When did you buy your bridesmaid dresses?

sheree_heptinstall, 26 June, 2011 at 20:42 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all - so we have 14 months till the wedding in Sept 2012, and I'm wondering when is the best time to buy our bridesmaid dresses?

All 4 are varying ages and in different periods of growing up (they will be 32, 18, 17 & 13) and I'm worried if we buy them soon, they won't fit when it comes to the time! But then again, I don't want to leave it too late and not find the right ones for us!

What have you all done, and how long before the wedding did you buy them?

Thanks in advance xx

10 replies

Latest activity by MrsJenLarkin, 27 June, 2011 at 20:40
  • gsijane
    Beginner September 2011
    gsijane ·
    • Hide content

I brought mine just over a year before the wedding! I got theirs before i even started looking at my dress!! Mine are both 29yrs but as i got them through ebay the woman selling had 3 dresses in 8,10 +12 so i brought all 3 hoping that my 2 bridesmaids will fit one of them

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

A good indication is to shop around the same time as your wedding to get an idea of colours etc....i got mine back in march but not intentionally!!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I'm debating this same thing. My wedding is next June and I wanted to order now but thought it was too early.

Am thinking maybe November.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I ordered mine in May 2011 for our August 2011 wedding, as I wanted to leave it as late as possible, so my advice, especially for the 13 year old is to leave it as late as possible.

I don't think that personally it's good to put preassure on people to maintain their weight and one of my BMs gave birth in Jan 2011 so ordering them too early could have meant that they didn't fit at all, i've also lost 2 bridesmaids since the 12 months mark, so if i'd have ordered them early, would have had to pay for them too.

That said, there is no reason you can't get looking now. If your going for formal dress shops dress, they don't seem to change hugely month on month.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sheree_heptinstall ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for help so far - Little Madam - i think we'll be looking perhaps 6 months before, with the younger girls they'll probably change their body shape before September!

I think I'll be making note of when the sales are for prom dresses & such this year, and then having a look around april time, and start then, whilst getting some ideas as we go along..

xx

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're going to order ours in September...

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Along with your BMs you could start looking at colours, styles, prices etc just to get a feel of what you all want/like and to get some excitement flowing between you all! Will make it a lot easier when the time comes to buying them.

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi i also get married next sept, the 8th, i am going to start looking before christmas, and the plan is to buy in the sales, will get what size my 6 bridesmaids are at the time, then get them altered nearer the time if needed, the 2 flower girls, i am leaving until july time next year.

sarah

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

The only issue with looking in November is that you will struggle to find summery colours- its all glitter and red- [tho perfect if thats your theme]

My dresses are from H&M and got them in April ready for September wedding.

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we ordered ours in February for our October 11 wedding. They arrived into the shop last week, so that's why I had to order them in plenty of time. I would say like others have a look at colours etc that you like. It really depends as well whether your ordering through a bridal shop, or going high street.

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

I ordered mine around 11 months before the wedding for my 2 adult BM's. They took around 3 months to come into the shop too. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics