Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

When did you buy your wedding invitations?

Random Name, 23 April, 2011 at 18:31 Posted on Planning 0 9

As the title says really.

I have seen some nice ones and ordered a sample. Wasn't sure if it makes a difference when you order them? We know who we are inviting to what parts of the day so can get those printed on them.

If I like the sample im thinking to order next pay day (May) We get married in June 2012. Is this too early? Thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by sarahb3426, 24 April, 2011 at 20:36
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

If you've confirmed the date, the venue(s), the registar and the times and you're sure nothing is going to change then I don't see any reason not to, in all honesty.

Most people tend to send their invites 3-6 months before the date, any earlier than that often 'save the date' cards are sent - although we sent our invites with 12 months to go Smiley smile

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

We've paid the deposit to the venue and met and agreed date and time with the priest. We have a 2nd meeting with him at the end of May so would probably wait until after that

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I don't plan to send them until next year. I am considering if it's too early to buy them. If I get them now, I will keep in my wedding box until closer to the time.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Personally I would wait. Why buy them so early unless you are planning to send them? It's not like they will go out of stock, or are cheaper if you buy them earlier! What if something changes? You say it won't, but things crop up. And if you wait, you might realise you want to put other things on or something like that. I wish I had waited a bit before buying mine, because there were a couple of adjustments I wanted to make to the evening invitations and ended up having insert cards as well as the invitation.

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

We sent our Save the Dates our a year to the day of our wedding with it being a bank holiday weekend. We sent our actual invites out at the end of Feb with an RSVP date of the Friday just gone ?

• J
    Beginner August 2012
    jo1029 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. im getting married june next year too. i have just sent my save the date cards out as its summer and knowing my family the will all be going away so gives them plenty of notice. plus they never thought we'd be getting married lol

im making my invites and have already started. im loving designing them and messing around with ideas.

if you've seen some you like why not get them now. but i agree there may be changes that come up and extra info you want to put on them. im finding that now already but i can change mine x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We ordered our stationery really early for 2 reasons: we loved it and it fitted perfectly with our colours, and secondly there was a good discount code that was due to expire. We knew our guest list wouldn't change too much over the forthcoming year so ordered it. We haven't bothered doing the wording yet, and we will prob send them out around 8 months in advance, due to it being a summer wedding and us wanting to make sure people can plan holidays around it if they choose.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Lil Miss Red I wouldnt worry about it, we get married June 2012 and we have already ordered ours and they should of been delivered on Thursday but they didnt come, grrrr...but we are now expecting delivery on Tuesday.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics