Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2013

When did you buy your wedding rings?

Katie_Bride_2013, 16 of December of 2012 at 19:43 Posted on Planning 0 18

We might look over Xmas, approx 8 months before. Is that too early or does it not matter? I'm just worried on one hand I won't find something easily, and on other hand I'm worried about ordering anything incase my fingers shrink with weight loss etc!

18 replies

Latest activity by Purple*Sparkles, 17 of December of 2012 at 16:11
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

We ordered ours about 3 months before as they were being made and they were ready about a month before. I didn't want it sooner than that as I kept trying it on!

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Were getting married in August and bought ours this year, as our Christmas presents! (mostly because I couldn't wait any longer!)

• Carolanne83
    Beginner March 2013
    Carolanne83 ·
    • Hide content

We get married in March and bought ours back in July. Mainly because I wasnt sure how much they would cost, so wanted to make sure i had saved enough money for the one i wanted. In the end i got a plain narrow white gold band which only cost £175, i am pleased with it as it makes my engagement ring 'pop' if you know what i mean. And have only tried it on once since i bought it!

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours straight away - just because the price of gold is going up! and Ive heard a few people say that the prices go up in the new year. So not really for romantic reasons ha ha

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sian87 ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours yesterday, wedding is in April, but had to travel to London for them so wanted to do it whilst we knew we had chance. Didn't want to leave it too late in case we had to order them, but luckily they had our ones in stock! Smiley smile

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours in January and got married in August. I'm glad we got them when we did though because the price of gold went up the next day.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Oh's (and my original order) about 4 months in advance. The that jeweller and a subsequent one really messed up my ring, so I ended up getting it from London (long, long story) and it was ready about a week before the weddding!!

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

My aunt is making ours (is a jeweller), and has bought the materials already. They wont actually be physically made and then hallmarked until the new year (so it has a 2013 hallmark) and we're getting married at the start of March.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We made ours at a workshop about 2 months before the wedding, but had booked that about 2 months previously, it was just the first weekend we could make it.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

We ordered ours in early November, 11 months before the wedding, but just because it was convenient. We were going to see a florist and the jewllers were very near so we got two appointments.

I wouldn't worry about changing finger size though, you'll be hopefully wearing them forever, so you may have to have them resized at some point anyway!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Get married in March and got our rings this March so about a year before.

Same as kirstabubble it was simply convininent. We knew what we wanted, plus I could get a discount via my employer at the time. Seemed silly to wait when it was something straightforward we could get ticked off.

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    Blondilocks ·
    • Hide content

We got ours a month or so ago and get married next September. There's a lull in paying for wedding things at the moment so thought that was an easy thing to get ticked off the list.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in August and are going to see a jewellers in December and will order them by jan/feb latest I would guess. So about the same.

Again it was convenient as we both have time off over Christmas.

• T
    Beginner February 2013
    Topper ·
    • Hide content

I get married in 2 months time and bought my ring last week. We had a day of wedding planning and popped into a jewellers to have a look at the options. Found a very simple platinum band instore that I will pick up a couple of days prior to the wedding.

OH has now decided he wants one so we'll look just after Christmas. Will be getting a little tight if he need to order one in, but we'll see

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alba Rose CB?

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We already had a booking with Lilyrose jewellers in Chelmsford so going to see them first and then if we're not happy, might go to Alba Rose.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

We ordered ours in March for an october wedding, however we were spreading the cost over the months up to the wedding, which is why we looked so early. There's no harm in looking too soon though!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

We're not getting married until October so seemed a bit early to start looking. Probably start having a look at easter time.

• Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

We ordered ours last week, our wedding is 1st June 2013. They will be in in 6 weeks. We went as we needed to go into the city to do some xmas shopping and thought it would kill two birds so to speak. Found the one and so ordered it. I am allowed to try it on when it arrives and then not allowed to see it again until the big day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics