Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

When did you speak to your caterers?

MrsB2015, 5 of September of 2014 at 12:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi All

We booked our reception venue back in march, when we booked we were advised that we had to use there caterers. (it is a marquee with external caterers).

We have not yet been given the details of them we have just been sent sample menu choices. The marquee owner says we have plenty of time before we need to speak to them but the sample menus don't show prices so we kinda want to speak to them to get an idea!

I am also hoping that when we confirmed the date with the marquee she confirmed the caterers!

So suppose I am just asking when you all spoke to yours for the 1st time?

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by CBeckford, 5 of September of 2014 at 13:14
  • CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsB,

With our venue, we were given a list of suppliers that they use. WE booked the venue in May and then I pretty much started getting quotes soon after that. Maybe you could get in touch with the catering company to ask for prices and other details like if what is included in the price and what isnt. I got quotes from 4 suppliers and we chose one and went for our tasting session in July.

After that we discussed some possible additions/changes and they priced it up for us so we know how much we'll ave to save. The caterer has advised us that we don't need to do much else until the new year as he's holding our date and is kindly giving us time to save our pennies so we can sort the deposit in Jan.

HTH

x

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I would speak to them now really so you can get prices and go through options that they offer as at least you can budget that in.

We have external caterers and started getting quotes when we confirmed the venue.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

The only problem I have is that I asked the venue a couple of times for the caterers details but they still have not passed them on to me!

Its 10 months to my wedding so maybe I am worrying over nothing

xx

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Well that's rubbish!! Surely it's no trouble to just tell you!

Does your wedding venue have a website? They usually list the suppliers on there somewhere.

x

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

The wedding venue site doesn't say anything about caterers,

The samples they sent were on the venues letter head with no details.

xx

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm.....

The only thing I can think of would be a bit of a Bridezilla move. Call them up sounding really stressed and make it clear you're not happy with the lack of communication etc.. That should get them to pull their finger out! You shouldn't have to be chasing them for info.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics