Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

When did you/are you going on your hen do?

Random Name, 4 May, 2011 at 08:07 Posted on Planning 0 31

How long before your wedding did you have your hen do?

I get married next June and am 30 next March. I am thinking about combining the 2. My friends are parents so want to start looking at costs bow so they have time to save of needed.

I am thinking to do something at the end of March. Is this too far from the wedding or does it not make a difference ?

sorry if this has already been asked

31 replies

Latest activity by *libby*, 6 May, 2011 at 22:27
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married May 21st and had my hen do on March 19th. Originally we were going to have it on April 30th, but then one of my hens found out she was pregnant and had a due date of April 29th! So we brought it forward by 6 weeks so she could still come along if she felt up to it.

• rachieb13782
    Beginner August 2011
    rachieb13782 ·
    • Hide content

Im having mine a month before our wedding, oh had his the other day which is 4 months before our wedding!

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married next week ( ? ) and had my hen on 5th march (for various reasons including my sisters 30th being at the end of april and i wanted to let her have her moment!) - and i have had so much to do in these last few weeks that i think it worked out really well having the hen further away from the wedding!

i would defo consider combining the 2 if that's what you want to do! it would also work out expensive for you friends if you had 30th night out, hen night out and then the wedding - you might find that people will be more inclined to be up for a big night if you combine the 2 (especially if they have kids and need to sort childcare out for each of the nights out!)

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I had mine 10 weeks before. It was the best BH for everyone to be able to make it.

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

My hen weekend is in Glasgow in the middle of June 2months before the wedding!! Just go for a date that suits you!! xx

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content

Do whatever is right for you!

My friend is getting married 1 month before me so it was difficult to arrange hen nights around both weddings as if i wait until after hers it will be too close to mine etc etc. She isnt doing anything big - not really her thing so just a meal/tea party, whereas i am the opposite i want a wild night out haha!!

So i have decided to have mine at the end of october this year (i dont get married until june next year) its a long way off but i didnt want it to be too close to christmas and ive got so much happening next year wedding wise i quite wanted something to look forward to this year. We had a chat with all of our friends and they agreed it was a great idea and would also spread the cost out for them as they will have 2 hens/weddings to go to. I will have another smallish night out 2 weeks before the wedding so i will also have a little celebration nearer the time.

H

xxx

• channie122
    Beginner June 2011
    channie122 ·
    • Hide content

I get married 3rd june and having my hen do on 28th may which is only a week from my wedding eeekkkkk x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I get married 26th may next year and am having it the first bank holiday weekend so i think its the 2nd may!! leave enough time for any injurys to heal ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Well I wanted mine a month before the wedding, but it's my 30th birthday around then. I decided to make it 2 and a half months before the wedding.

Hen on weekend of 2nd July, wedding on 17th Sept.

We are hiring a weekend "cottage" (it's a big luxury cottage)- will have a day punting in Oxford then have a BBQ party at the cottage.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Im having mine on 21st May & getting married on 2nd July so thats 6 weeks before the big day...i didnt want any big shindigs the month before - i'll have enough to do! Though having a meal with aunts etc & a wee day time excursion for a few bevies but it wont be anything major!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Couldn't agree more! I'm having a Lara Croft Themed day for one of my hen parties ( not all the ladies can manage the Go Ape aspect) a few months before the wedding, but will have a evening affair nearer the time.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Oh, meant to say, I did consider combining my 30th with the hen but decided against it as I want to have a girl only hen and want my fiance there at my 30th. Also, I don't want to invite my mum to my hen party. I know some people do, but we don't have that kind of relationship.

Fiance will organise the 30th birthday for me (asked him to keep it low-key)- it had better be nice, I orgainised him 2 surprise parties for his 30th.

If I could cancel my 30th I would.

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

Mine is on Friday (yes its close!) and I get married on 25 June.

I also having a night out for older people or those who couldnt come this weekend on 28 May

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to Barcelona.

Going to send the invites out next month and open a bank account to give people chance to save.

I'm having a meal at home too for the oldies.

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

I had mine this weekend.... exactly 5 weeks before our wedding day xxx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the responses ladies

Hmm, I did think about this aspect and thought I could maybe do a low key meal with my parents and OH etc then have my hen with my girls. I dont want to do anything wild but would like to do a weekend. Not sure how feasable that would be as they all have children

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Probably have mine about 6weeks before. It's your party though, so have it when you want. Although, if it were me, I'd love an excuse for two. Maybe a wild b'day party then a relaxed spa day hen do - or vice versa?

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

I am having two one of them will be about 6 weeks before the wedding. ( I work in a big company where the girls won't let me get away without one)

But my big one for close family and friends is in London in March when I get married in June!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I like the idea of 2 but dont want people to have to fork out too much close to the wedding.

Will start researching prices and maybe to do a pamper weekend or something with my closest girls and then dinner and a club with other friends and work people.

MonaLisa, you're my date twin and come to my nect of the woods for your hen ?

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I get married on July 2nd and am having my hen weekend on the weekend 10-12th June

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS....I get wed 3rd July and my hen night is the 11 June.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well there will really only be me forking out twice Smiley smile I am going to London for weekend!!

Can you let me know of any good places for a night out then twinny please?

• J
    Beginner
    julybride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Im doing 2 aswell. my first is just my closet friends catching train into lincoln for the day (shopping for about an hour before lunch and tonnes of wine no doubt) we are then coming back home to my house for a girly sleepover (havent done one since i was a teen and im now nearly 32) and have takeouts and a mobile beautitian (sp) come round and pamper us. (boys will be in leeds for stag doo) my 2nd one is just in our town and its a joint one for both our work friends family etc who couldnt go to the first one. this is my tacky night........with dress up burlesque theme feather boas the lot. (had to be done?) my mum is trying to plan me another as she is not a going clubbing sort of person so planning a champagne bar with bms 2 of my closest friends and my female family members x

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

I think I will probably have mine in June for an August wedding, close enough to be exciting but far away enough to leave me plenty of weekends to get organised afterwards!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

19th august get married 4th sept!! But have already had the most raucous one with the uni girls so I should be ok. Smiley surprise)

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Mine's tomorrow - 4 weeks before the wedding. I don't think it matters when you have it: as previous posters have said, there are often differing circumstances that might make you choose a particular date.

One thing, I'd never have it the night before the wedding!

• katiea2000
    Beginner July 2011
    katiea2000 ·
    • Hide content

I'm off tonight!!!!!!!!! I'm getting married on the 21st.

?

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning to have mine on 4th February (we get married on 29th February). OH is having his stag do on 1st July, so ages before (!) but he wanted to go to the cricket for a particular match so didn't have much choice. I did also enter a competition on staggered.com and won him a stag do for 10 people at Sno Zone - him and his mates will be off snowboarding nearer to the actual wedding

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

We get married 3rd June and my hen weekend was on 16th/17th April and h2b has left for his today.

We have children and H2b has to work certain weekends so I didn't have many dates available as all my 'babysitters' would be attended my hen night!!

I didn't want to have it too close to the wedding as I didn't want it to all be over in a flash!

Just do it when its good for you and your most important guests, you may find that there are only certain dates everyone can make and go with that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics