Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner December 2012

When do dress sample sales tend to happen?

kingfisher1923, 16 July, 2012 at 08:59 Posted on Planning 0 2

Could do with your advice or what you've observed regarding wedding dresses. Are there particular times of year when new dress collections are released, and therefore the shop samples from the previous collection are then sold off?

I overheard a shop assistant mentioning yesterday that many of their dresses will be put on sale in Aug to make way for new collections - so I'm wondering whether to hang on a few weeks and see what becomes available?? I'm getting married early Dec so I'm going to have to choose very quickly if I want one made for me! Plus a reduced price bargain ex-sample dress would be a bonus ?

Has anyone noticed if there are particular times when more dresses seem to be available that way?

Thanks so much ?

2 replies

Latest activity by Sabriel, 16 July, 2012 at 18:15
  • LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Now is usually a good time as lots of dresses change over in August and January. Have a look on websites for shops as some put them on there. You can always ring shops and say the current price is way out of your price range and ask if they do sample sales and when sample sale is?

• K
    Beginner December 2012
    kingfisher1923 ·
    • Hide content

Many thanks - good to hear that there might be some more samples available for sale next month! It's hard to know whether to start looking now, or hang on for a few weeks... feeling impatient!

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Sabriel ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago, and it was in the sample sale. The dress has been available for a few years, but when it's discontinued, then they sell the sample. That's what my dress lady told me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics