Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kizzi10000
Beginner August 2016

When do you have the first dance?

kizzi10000, 26 of November of 2014 at 21:06 Posted on Planning 0 4

Was discussing my tog with a friend yesterday (it's her hubby), and she said we'd have him from when we're getting ready through to just after the first dance. So suddenly started thinking - when IS that? We're going for an afternoon ceremony, a hog roast early-ish evening, no formal meal or speeches, so not sure when we should time it. Don't want to keep him hanging around wondering when it's happening cos he wants to get home lol.

4 replies

Latest activity by ianforest, 27 of November of 2014 at 12:08
  • P
    Beginner June 2015
    princesshd2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are having ours after all of our evening guests have arrived. I don't know exact timings yet but our ceremony is 1.30pm so I gues our meal will start about 4pm and evening guests to arive for 7pm. So the first dance would be about 7.30?

I'm not certain though and if you aren't having a formal meal or speeches you could probably do it earlier. Speak to your TOG again, he will probably be able to tell you what timings to expect

?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

First dance is usually about 8pm. You wait until the evening guests have arrived. What time does your evening do start?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have seen first dances as early as 7 and as late as 9 the idea with the firs dance is that it is usually not only your first dance but its the first dance of the night and is a call for everyone else to join in so if your eve do people have been told the eve do starts at 7.00 then have the first dance at 8.00 which give you some time to say your hellos before "YMCA"

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys Smiley smile

Was thinking evening started at 7, so will anticipate around 8, get a few dances in, then organise the grub for around 8.30. But working out food timings, especially for day guests, is another dilemma lol

• ianforest
    ianforest ·
    • Hide content

The first dance is traditionally your first dance as a married couple and is often used to start the evening entertainment however you can choose to do the first dance at any point during the night although I do think that a lot of people will "expect" it to be at the beginning of the party.

Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics