Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

When do you meet the Vicar & arrange service details?

Alipops1986, 22 May, 2013 at 20:07 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello All,

So we have less than 3 months to go and due to the retiring of our vicar, are having basically any vicar who is able to do the ceremony. When should we meet that said vicar to arrange the service? So far we have arranged no details other than date and time, we did go to marriage preparation class with the now retired vicar.

I have a phone number for some ladies who are looking after the church who I am to contact - is it time to do that now and ask if we can sort out the finer details or is it normal to not have discussed the details with less than 3 months to go?

Thoughts please!

Alipops xx

2 replies

Latest activity by mum-wants-a-hat, 22 May, 2013 at 22:21
  • Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

We were told we had to formally meet at least 3 months before. Your church should be able to tell you which vicar you will have on that date as ours know which of our banns she will be reading and that's not til Sept. We have 3 churches in the area so they go between all three.

• emilyvportlock
    Beginner July 2013
    emilyvportlock ·
    • Hide content

Hey Alipops Smiley smile

Id give them a ring and see what they say, no harm in ringing and asking whats next.

xx

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Similar situation....

Our vicar of 11years agreed in october to marry us next month and said we would meet in March (3months before the wedding) To go over the order of service and the formalities.

In February he moved across the pennines and no replacement has yet been found.

The vicar of our neighbouring parish also moved in April. The assistant Curate from there is now covering allweddings for both parishes and trying to lead the neighbouring one.

It took from me calling the parish office in early March until last week to be able to first find out who would be conducting the ceremony and then being able to slot us in for a visit.

Fortunately, everything is fine to go ahead and Eleanor (the vicar) is delightful.

If I were you I would get on to the parish office asap and don't be afraid to keep chasing it up. I was dreading the prospect of having our local old curate conduct our ceremony and would have requested someone else if it were to be him (he's lovely but useless lol!)

So I would suggest you find out as quickly as possible who is booked in to conduct your ceremony as I felt its really important to get up a good rapport with them so that you can feel fully at ease.

Call your office as soon as you can- I know the wait is a worry, but I'm sure once you start chasing their tails it will come together nicely. Good luck xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics