Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

When do you sort out suits?

Chedi, 3 June, 2012 at 15:32 Posted on Planning 0 13

We're looking to hire suits for groom, 2 bestmen, and FOB - our wedding is in March. When do you think we should be looking to sort out suits?

Is say 9 months still too early? Or is it a case where its never too early?

13 replies

Latest activity by MissTtoMrsB, 4 June, 2012 at 11:42
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Never too early, specially if you know what you want already!

We are March too, we placed the order for ours in March this year, so a year to go. Not everyone's had their measurements taken but the suits etc have been chosen, booking made and paid for.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Ok thats good to know. I didn't want to go in our next week off in July to sort it to find out its too early. I've got a good idea of the place I want to hire them from and the style that will cater for the men and ring bearer so they match, and the colours too.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

If you are anything like my husband then two weeks before ?

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

We've already booked ours and don't get wed till March 2014!

But the reason we've already done it is because the company were offering a really good deal if we booked b4 April this year and it was too good a deal too miss!

We only had to go in pay a deposit for how ever many suits we needed and my OH picked what he wanted, we'll be taking the groomsmen in 12 weeks b4 our wedding for their fittings. ?

• xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

It definitely doesn't hurt to book far in advance, I would just advise that if you do this make sure the company you book with is reputable and not likely to disappear due to the current climate.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope its not a silly question, but how would you know? The company I'm looking at has been about for 40yrs in the town, according to the website anyways so its not a new one, but at the same time you could say that about woolworths..

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You should be able to find reviews online of the shop or perhaps some fellow Hitchers may have used them so could ask opinions?

With regards to the current climate I personally think it's quite difficult to tell however if I believe that if you pay by credit card you should be protected if the shop does go bust.

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked our suit hire already.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

I imagine it also depends on when your wedding it - if you're getting married at a popular time of year (particular around bank holidays or in summer) you'd be wise to book up early.

Just a word of warning - my OH, who has been the same waist size for years, bought a GORGEOUS suit 6 months ago (our wedding is in 7 weeks)... and he has put on weight so we had to go today and exchange them for different trousers. Oops!

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I booked mine 6 months ahead, Feburary for September wedding, I thought this was a little early but then found out that trying to get Navy tails is not that easy in this area anyway. So all done and paid for.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

OH is only just starting to sort suits out now and it's just over 4 weeks to go!

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We went in and asked about a year before then booked them last months with 6 months to go. x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We booked ours 9 months ahead, OH had started looking a bit earlier though. He had a strong idea of what he wanted, but then when he actually started trying on changed his mind. We only booked so early as October half term was the only time all the guys could get together to go for measurements. The shop said they don't need to do anything else now til a week before when they go for final trying on and payment.

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

OH did ours 2 weeks ago

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics