Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2012

When does the 1st Dance take place?

MrsCoombs2be, 21 of June of 2012 at 02:59 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi every one!

2days to go and I'm still making last minute decisions! Hense why I'm posting this now at 2.56am!!!!

Anyway! We are marrying at 4, drinks and canapés at reception then evening guests arriving from 7 with a BBQ

To start from 7.30. I just don't know when to do the first dance, I mean music will obviously be playing from 7, should

It be just after everyone's eaten? Or will food go on forever?! Argh lol xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by fosburges, 21 of June of 2012 at 10:58
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Ours meant to be 8.30pm but ended up being at 9pm. Disco started at 7.30. I don't think iv been to a wedding where it is literally the first dance, iykwim?

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Ours was at about 8pm I think, after the speeches had finished. Ours was actually the first dance of the evening and in the complete opposite to Missus S I've never been to a wedding where the first dance wasn't literally the first dance! Just shows there's no right way, all weddings are different, just do it when it looks like the food is starting to finish up and you want to get the proper party started!

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

This is our day plan-

• 2:00pm - Guests Arrive
    • 2:30pm - Ceremony
    • 3:00pm - Wedding Party Photos
    • 3:00pm - Guests - Drinks on the Terrace
    • 4:30pm - Wedding Breakfast
    • 6:30pm - Speeches
    • 7:00pm - Cut the Cake
    • 7:30pm - Evening Guests Arrive
    • 8:00pm - First Dance
    • 9:00pm - Evening Buffet Served
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Same as saspip, ours was the first dance of the evening reception after the evening guests arrived.

I also have never been to a wedding where it wasn't one of the first dances of the night.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hi

At the majority of our weddings the first dance takes place about an hour after the start time of the evening do to make sure everybody has arrived. If you're having the BBQ early on it'd make sense to wait until a bit later on so everybody has eaten.

Hope that helps!

Ali x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Ours was about 8pm...music was playing from 7pm but nobody really danced - I think we were the first people on the dancefloor ?

• F
    fosburges ·
    • Hide content

It happened around after i completed my 3rd month. 1st Dance was really awesome. Smiley smile Made me happiest!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics