Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2018

When is too early to send out the invites?

BlossomKatie1993, 10 of November of 2017 at 12:52 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi All,

I will be receiving my wedding invites in the next week or so and I know once I see them, I'm going to want to send them out - My wedding isn't for another 6 months yet and I already sent out save the dates a while back, so is it too early to send the invites out?

I'm so excited and eager to send them, get the ball rolling and get people excited but I don't know whether it's too early and what the right time is. I've been advised to wait until January but I just don't know if I can leave the invites sitting there for that long and December is a dodgy time because everyone is just thinking about Christmas.

How would you react if you received your invited to a wedding 6 months before?

5 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 19 of February of 2024 at 18:09
  • _
    Beginner July 2019
    _Tinderella_ ·
    • Hide content

Hey, personally I wouldn't want to send my invites out any later than 6 months because people book things in advance nowadays especially as your wedding is approaching summer and people will be thinking about their summer holidays.

If I received an invite for 6 months time I would have thought that was a great amount of time for me to book hotels if needed, book time off work and get excited about attending!

• C
    CG-Wedding-Photography ·
    • Hide content

I personally see no problems sending the invites early, especially if you are having a summer wedding. I imagine lot of your guests will probably plan a summer holiday and it would make them easier to avoid any clashes with your wedding date.

Just make sure you don`t send the invites during the Christmas Post Crisis (yes I named this period) when things go missing due to overworked postmen’s ? – There is nothing wrong being super excited, it is your wedding after all! ?

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

If you have sent save the dates, then 3 to 4 months is plenty! The done thing where I am is 6-8 weeks, this 6 month thing must be an English thing! I've never received a wedding invitation more than 2 months in advance. I personally think people would forget or they wouldn't RSVP as it's so far away.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Norm where I am from is 6-8 weeks. If your wedding is in May then I would send the invites in March time. Also, not trying to be negative here but not everyone loves weddings, gets excited about them or likes going to them so don't automatically expect everyone to get excited about it once they've got their invitation.

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    shanmia35 ·
    • Hide content

We’re getting married at the end of April and sent ours out today as our wedding is on a Thursday and we wanted to get a sense of how many people won’t be able to come for budgeting purposes. However, we are doing digital invites so can send a quick reminder to all guests closer to the time. If you’re posting yours, I would say hold off to two - three months before, assuming you’ve already sent Save the Dates?

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics