Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

August 24 Bride
Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny

When Shall i Start Dress Shopping?? ~ August 24 Bride!!

August 24 Bride, 21 of November of 2022 at 12:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

I get married in August 2024 and wondering to myself when do i start dress shopping???

I got engaged back in February, booked the venue in July and now thinking is it too soon to start going dress shopping? My bestfriend is getting married in June 2024 and has already sorted hers!!!! I've tried on 3 dresses already at the National Wedding Show to make my mom happy but non were the ones for me. I'm very anxious about the Christmas period coming up ~ putting on weight and then feeling like a fat lump when going dress shopping and spoiling the experience but then i also don't want to leave it too late?

What would everyone suggest? Smiley atonished

3 replies

Latest activity by Rochelle, 4 of January of 2023 at 16:56
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's great to start trying on dresses to get a feel of what you like, what shapes you like, what skirts, extra bits that go on top. It can be all quite overwhelming, especially if lots of people join you. I'm planning to have a session with family and friends but not commit and spend the rest of the year doing it with my sister or something so I can properly browse. You don't have to commit to anything at all, your mind can change within a year. I'd ask a dress shop what the normal kind of 'latest' time is you can buy it and spend the time trying things on and looking at what you'd really like.

• E
    Beginner August 2024 Berkshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

I got engaged in July 2022, booked venue in August, and got my dress in October. I like to get things done as early as possible, I got a dress that has wiggle room if I gained or lost weight, but I am getting an evening dress that I won't get until 6-8 months before the wedding.

if you haven't found the one yet don't worry there is still plenty of time. x

• R
    Curious August 2024 Kent
    Rochelle ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married august 2024 too Smiley smile I haven’t tried on any dresses yet for the same reasons as you and I don’t want to unless I’m feeling happy and confident with my weight and how I look. I think wedding dress shopping will be stressful and I don’t want it to be an insecure experience because I felt rubbish on the day. We have lots of time this year to choose a month when we feel good and most shops let you book a couple of weeks in advance so you won’t miss out at all. Make it fun, I’m going to try on dresses I hate just to keep things light and funny x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics