Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2024 Essex

When should i get my dress altered?

Sophie, 12 of March of 2023 at 20:37 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
Hi ladies!

I said yes to the dress a couple of weeks ago and the wedding is in exactly 1 year this weekend!
I bought my dress from Wed2B, it needs some alterations around the drop sleeves and the bust but I’m hoping to drop at least one dress size, if not two, for the wedding. My question is, when would be the latest to leave the alterations as I’d ideally like to have them done in one go rather than multiple times if possible.
Any advice is greatly appreciated ☺️ thank you in advance xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 7 of August of 2023 at 15:53
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    When I booked my alterations in, the lady said she starts things 6 weeks before the wedding with the dress done and ready to be collected 2 weeks before the wedding. I suppose as close as possible to the wedding so your shape won’t really change too much from first measurement to wedding day.
  • Jas
    Curious November 2024 Oxfordshire
    Jas ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on finding your dress! I found mine at the same place! I would say at least 2 months before, but I would 100% check on the turn around time for your chosen seamstress, just to be sure!

• D
    East Central London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hey love, we always ask ideally for 6-8 weeks so that you can have it two weeks before your big day xx

• S
    Beginner March 2024 Essex
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s very helpful, thank you! Xx
  • Emily
    Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

I get married in September, i went about a month ago and i'm going again on Saturday for the final alterations and get my dress 2 weeks before Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics