Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2027 Merseyside

When to book a 2027 wedding

Louise, 27 of August of 2023 at 12:38 Posted on Planning 1 9

Recently engaged im getting married july 2027 when should i start looking at venues and putting my deposit down thanks louise

9 replies

Latest activity by Andrew, 2 of February of 2024 at 04:52
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Louise! Congratulations! What an exciting time ahead for you both! You do have more than enough time so there would be nothing wrong with visiting a few venues and then visiting them again, wether that be for lunch or an actual wedding viewing to get a feel and a vibe! We booked our wedding after a month of being engaged with 2 years to go and my friend booked hers with 3 years to go. See how far in advance your venue takes bookings and if there is a photographer you love after that book those kind of things in as soon as your venues booked!
  • Kirsty
    Beginner August 2026 Greater Manchester
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    We have also planned our wedding for 2027 (may) .. we've found that a lot of venues don't take bookings this far in advance due to price changes 🤔 We've decided to have a look at a few venues over the next few months and then see what the situation is from May next year hopefully then they will take on bookings and we can put our deposit down. We have put our name down for a few wedding fairs just to get a feel and ideas 😊
  • L
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww thank you so far were saving up now so when it comes to the venues and everything were ready going to book some fairs aswell xx

• L
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im similar ive been given some prices so far they just said they would just have to add on how much it could be going forward congratulations its exciting but scary haha x

• Kirsty
    Beginner August 2026 Greater Manchester
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's so overwhelming isn't it 🤣 I don't know where to start haha, good luck with your planning and congratulations 💖
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement. You probably have 2 years until you can seriously start thinking about booking things. 2 years out is pretty standard in terms of vendors making price projections. If you book something FOUR years our you very much run the risk of staff changes, owner changes, businesses going into administration etc.

Most venues are taking bookings for 2025, some for 2026 I think
  • Kenza
    Beginner May 2025 Lincolnshire
    Kenza ·
    • Hide content

We were looking at 2026 but have had to bring it forward to 2025 due to price increases. Saved £5000+ by bringing it forward just on the venue. Maybe something to consider?

• Emma
    Curious April 2024 South Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

We booked ours December 2022, for April 2024. Their prices were only guaranteed until the end of 2024 at that time.

I would say 2 years is about right. There's no harm in looking and adding things to Pinterest, but I would save the serious venue viewing etc until 2025 Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!

I’m not too sure venues would take this far in advance. Personally, I’d be really reluctant to put any money down about something so far away just incase you change your mind. We booked our venue with about 15 months to go and the whole process has made us realise if we knew then what we know now, we would of just gone abroad or done a smaller thing!
    So my advice would be, save as much money as you can and maybe start looking and booking some point in 2025 at the earliest :-) Good luck! Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics