Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Dedicated March 2024 Essex

When to book Florist and Hair

Alison, 25 of October of 2022 at 10:49 Posted on Planning 0 5
I’m still 17 months out from my wedding so a way to go although time is gathering momentum. I have a venue (obviously) and have booked a photographer as I know they book up the quickest. Is it too early to book in a florist and hair? I only want a basic floristry package but hair for me, three bridesmaids, MOB and my flower girl

5 replies

Latest activity by Heidiavefe, 28 of October of 2022 at 22:03
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I definitely don't think it's too early to book a florist - we booked ours around that far our and she said she does book up about 18months-2 years in advance and already had other people requesting our date but we enquired first so got first dibs on things like archways that she had a limited supply of!

Hair I'm leaving till later - but thinking of going via my venue which has an onsite salon, they've advised they only really need a couple months notice.

• A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I only want bouquets and button holes really do you think that makes a difference? Other decor is included with my venue package
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure tbh, I wanted bouquets, buttonholes and a flower arch - so not as full floral package but does include a big element. I do know florists can only do a limited number of weddings per day, regardless of what you want, because of having to get the flowers ready and to you on time so I would say there's no harm booking early.

The other thing I've noticed is that prices go up year on year, so if you lock down your price now you'll likely have saved money than if you had waited until the year of your wedding.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

17 months is not long, most suppliers book up 2 years in advance so I would suggest you contact the ones you are interested in and work with them to secure your date if they are taking bookings, this is usually done by a small deposit. You will then probably have no contact for a year and then start booking trials etc, but you know your date is secure

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you know the florist you want, then I'd book now. If they are a small business, they will be limited on the number of big events they can do in a week - I know March isn't peak wedding season, but you don't want to find they have a wedding booked on the same day as you and can't take your booking!

Same with hair - if you know who you want, there's no harm in booking now, especially if you are planning on using a dedicated wedding hair person. If you are just using your regular hairdresser, then you can probably leave it for a while - just let him/her know you are interested in booking them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics