Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

When to book wedding dress appointments

mkw, 10 of April of 2015 at 10:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi ladies,

Just wondering how far in advance I should be thinking about booking appointments to start looking for wedding dresses? My mum lives abroad for part of the year so want to get it sorted before she goes away in late June. I'm a teacher so hoping to go during May half term to avoid the rush on a Saturday, but not sure how far in advance I should start to make appointments?

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by Kamila27, 10 of April of 2015 at 16:25
  • CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Our big day is in July and I started looking for my dress last August/September. Depending on the dress and designer it can take about 4 months from placing an order to your dress arriving in store for fittings.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

When is your wedding? That'll be a big factor in knowing when is right.

I get married next August and I have my first appointment tomorrow. I want to be able to take my time and not rush. I've got 3 appointments between now and mid May because we're a busy bunch. My florist says I need to have my dress and BM dresses before she can do our consultation, and there are a bunch of other things that knowing which dress I have will help.

I'd say go when you feel ready, and if you want your mum there, go for it while she's here!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is in June next year and I have my first appointments tomorrow! I'm a teacher too so will probably book some more for May half term, with my other teacher bridesmaid xx

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

From everything I’ve read, I get the impression that roughly a year before your wedding is a good time, depending on certain variables. Mine is August 2016. My mum is planning to come for a visit at some point before July (which is when her Virgin vouchers that she got after her train was massively delayed expire) so I thought that might be a good point to start looking. There is a bridal outlet just round the corner from where I work where I’m planning to go first - does anyone know if timelines are the same if you get one from there rather than a book-an-appointment-type boutique? I guess you’re still likely to need alternations, which might take longer because you’ll have to find a decent seamstress.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married August 2016 and already have my dress - I had a few appointments back in February and found my dress at one of those appointments. I then managed ot nab it for half the price second hand on eBay (allbeit 2 sizes smaller than I am now - eek!) so mine is hanging in my wardrobe at my Mum's as my motivation to lose the weight!

• Kamila27
    Beginner April 2016
    Kamila27 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I still have a year till my wedding but since I am working different shifts and have rather limited budget for bespoke dress, looking for one, making appointment... looks like a nightmare for me. I was thinking about buying off the peg dress (if I can find my size). Any thoughts about that?

Thanks!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics