Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chidders
Beginner June 2012

When to buy bits and bobs

Chidders, 14 June, 2011 at 09:54 Posted on Planning 0 8

I need some Hitcher advise,

So I am getting married in just over a year, and have been nosing around for bits and bobs for sale. I have seen several things I like, but not sure how I would use them. I haven't bought any decorations at all, though pretty much decided on my flowers and centrepieces.

I have seen bits and bobs that would fit in with my colour scheme and theme, but just not sure exactly how i would use it. So should I snap up these bargains and see how to use them later, or should I have a relatively clear plan so i dont end up mismatching and wasting?

8 replies

Latest activity by Future Mrs Gough, 14 June, 2011 at 14:04
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

snap them up!! we are, with just under a year to go! what you dont use am pretty sure you can sell, esp if it weddingy or even themed!! the way i see it, the more the cost is spread out the less you notice it too Smiley smile

• a_white_izzy
    Beginner September 2011
    a_white_izzy ·
    • Hide content

Get them!! You might regret it if you don't and like Flow said, you can always sell them if you end up not using them. x

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Yes definitely try and get things early. As Flo said its better and more cost effective to spread the cost.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

WEES - spread the cost and start getting things as you see them. If you leave it later you might not find everything you really wanted and have to settle and make compromises.

xxx

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I'd get them when you see them - especailly if they're a bit of a bargain. But..... be prepared that you might change your mind and end up selling some bits and getting different ones! That's what I've done!!

Nothing major but a few bits have ended up on ebay already!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I would buy the things you see that fits in with your theme. There will always be ways to use them to decorate your venue.

I randomly go through my wedding stock and am amazed at what I have accumulated but will definately use it all. I just made sure that I added everything to my spreadsheet so I can see what I have really spent by the time of the wedding.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A girl after my own heart, spreadsheets!!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Impulse buying is never good - so if you buy stuff make sure you know what you're going to use it for.

I have ended up with 5 bracelets for my BM because I bought something that I thought she'd like, then found somethng else, and an offer on 3 for 2 in Claire's. OK, so I can live with being £20 out of pocket because she'll only wear one. My mum keeps buying silk flowers and decorations and trying to be 'helpful' - TBH some of the decorations are absolutely hideous and I now have to try and tell her I don't like them (plastic grass covered in glitter? really?)

BUT how many brides have we seen here trying to sell stuff they bought on impulse? Or even bought a dress because it was a bargain and them changed their mind?

If you have definate ideas then you might as well snap up the bargains, if not get a plan drawn up before you open your purse.

• F
    Beginner October 2013
    Future Mrs Gough ·
    • Hide content

Definitely get them now. If you change your mind u can always sell them on. This is what we are doing and we have got over a year to go too.

Go for it girl!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics